Overview of Internship:
J&J Medical Suzhou Campus, with approximately 1300 employees, is located within the Suzhou Industrial Park in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, China. The campus houses two state-of-the-art medical device manufacturing facilities (ETHICON® General Surgery products and DePuySynthes® Orthopedics products), J&J’s Global Shared Services team, and two Medical Device R&D teams (DePuy Synthes and Ethicon R&D).
The summer intern will work as part of the DePuy Synthes R&D team in Suzhou. She/he will be assigned a project based on their expertise and interest. The project will entail product design and development related to new and emerging technologies for Medical Devices, such as using Additive Manufacturing/ 3D Printing for providing patient anatomy specific instruments or implants, developing instruments for Robotic Surgery for spine and trauma surgeries, developing AI tools to automate pre-operative planning, device design process, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work under the supervision of a R&D Engineer or Engineering Manager as part of the Suzhou DePuy Synthes R&D team
- Complete project tasks as aligned with supervisor
- Present results of the work to team members in 1:1 and group settings
- Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) student in good standing
- Engineering design (UniGraphics, Solidworks, etc.) proficiency required
- Engineering analysis (e.g. Finite Element modeling and analysis) experience preferred
- Coding/algorithm building experience will be a plus
Johnson & Johnson Medical Suzhou Ltd. (7054)