For our department in Leiden we need an ambitious
Team lead in analytical method development
Introduction of company and team
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V., previously Crucell, is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. We are dedicated to develop life-saving vaccines for diseases such as HIV and Ebola.
Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing, testing and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases. With the leading R&D group within the Dutch pharmaceutical industry, we are in an outstanding position to commercialize several vaccines in the near future. This gives excellent personal development opportunities!
The Analytical Development (AD) is a young and multifaceted group (150 team members), responsible for developing methods to characterize and test the quality of our vaccines. Together, we use biological- and chemical technologies to assess or control quantity, potency, purity, and identity characteristics of our products. We have a pivotal role between the regulatory authorities, quality assurance and process development.
You will be working in a varied team together with vaccine development experts focusing on bringing our vaccines to the market.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Takes ownership of the development and performance of her/his team members.
- Enjoys mentoring of a multidisciplinary team of technicians.
- Establishes personnel schedules based on business needs.
- Leads activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all colleagues and is in full compliance of all regulatory policies and procedures.
- Building a work environment that encourages change by providing what is needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
- Has expertise in technologies such as ELISA, (q)PCR, cell culture-based assays, HPLC and/or MS.
- Has strong capabilities to collaborate with colleagues across multiple disciplines.
The perfect candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in life sciences (or equivalent) with people management experience. Know-how in ICH-guided method development and validation is considered an advantage.
The candidate demonstrates strong leadership, interpersonal and team-building skills. You strive for operational efficiency in your team and importantly, you have a critical attitude and value accuracy in the execution of your work and that of others. We value an ethical working environment, as described in our Credo, where trust, diversity and inclusion is the fundament for success.
Our company offers a broad range of benefits and a competitive salary, as well as flexible hours and home office possibilities. Are you our perfect candidate and ready to take this step in your career? Help us to get these vaccines on the market and be part of this outstanding opportunity!
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)