The JSC Leader for Asia Pacific excluding Japan/China is accountable for all Janssen supply chain activities for the ANZ, India and North Asia markets, represents supply chain in the Janssen APAC Business Leadership team and orchestrates across the various functions, including manufacturing, quality, regulatory affairs, R&D, Business Technology, Finance and HR, to deliver on Janssen’s business strategy and plans in APAC.
The JSC APeJC Leader will:
- Support the VP JSC APAC in developing and driving the execution of the Janssen APAC Supply Chain strategy through increased partnership with Commercial and alignment to the Global Supply Chain strategies
- Be accountable for the, executive sales & operations process, customer management and any other supply chain improvement and transformation projects
- Influence the Janssen Commercial Strategy for North Asia, India, ANZ and SEA, and ensure the respective commercial strategies are translated into the appropriate supply chain responses
- Evolve the Supply Chain culture through building and developing a best-in-class supply chain team, including a strong pipeline for future leaders
- Promote innovative thinking to challenge the status quo, embed Faster Forward principles and customer centricity in his/her team’s activities
- Be a key member of the JSC APAC leadership team to partner in shaping and delivering on regional strategies
- Contribute to business results improvements through cross functional collaboration and partnership with regional/local internal and external stakeholders e.g. Commercial, Finance, Deliver, Business Quality, Singapore SC Council, etc.
- Build an end to end customer-focused Supply Chain team that leverages data analytics to drive excellence in customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Strengthen order management cycle between APAC markets and Global sites to enhance internal/external customer requirement
- Challenge the status quo
- Stimulate the design and implementation of new ideas & approaches to continuously improve processes and increase efficiencies
- Encourage applying Faster Forward principles
- Leverage an agile, creative mindset and behavior to drive Supply Chain innovation, competitive advantage, operational results, and transformational change.
- Leverage a deep understanding of customer needs and insights to inform decision making and strengthen overall value to customers
- A Servant Leader sensibility—seeks to help and enable the team, will engage deeply where necessary to get the job done
- Visionary – thinks about future challenges and opportunities; creates a future vision and gains support and alignment for that vision
- Strong analytical capability—considers technical needs and pursues new areas and ideas in an aggressive manner to critically analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Able to “zoom in and zoom out”, quickly shifting between the strategic and the tactical
- Relationship-oriented and socially astute – sensitive to what others’ need to get onboard and commit
- Collaborative and supportive – seeks to build authentic partnerships and bring a servant leader’s mindset to bear
- Inspirational, bringing energy and enthusiasm to interactions
- Decisive - recognizes when to make a call, and once committed, sticks to it
- Desires to be accountable for results
- Requires domestic and international travel up to 25% of his/her time
- Strong financial acumen, able to understand the business context. Strong understanding of Supply Chain Management & Planning.
- Understanding of Quality and Regulatory, in pharmaceutical, biotech, or similar industry.
- Experience managing a portfolio of products/projects with a demonstrated ability to multi-task, lead, and deliver results
- Insight in End-to-End supply chain characteristics and understanding of financial processes such as business case development, P&L calculation and COGS is required
- Understanding of business requirements and supply chain product metrics, demonstrated ability to improve supply chain metrics
- Proven track record of developing cost benefit analyses and articulate business cases for stakeholders’ approvals,
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business and customer centric decisions
- Proven track record in building/leading multi-functional teams to success
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries through influence, negotiation and partnering
- Strong written and oral communication skills at all levels (English, Chinese preferred but not critical)
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte Ltd (8438)