Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an Application Reliability Engineer. This position will be located in Raritan, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Do you have a Site Reliability Engineering mindset? Have you worked on global healthcare products and services? Are you passionate about data? Comfortable digging into code, architecture and operations?
Interested in applying Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to the way IT Applications are designed, developed, and operated? Want to help implement Continuous Release and Deployment?
We are seeking engineers who want to build and develop solutions to operations problems. We focus on continuously optimizing existing systems, building automation into our infrastructure, applications, deployment, release and operations. Our engineers are responsible for the End to End experience of our customers and how our systems perform, using industry leading tools and approaches. Our teams improve IT Product quality by focusing on preventative and proactive measures, eliminating and automating product reliability issues, and collaborating with our product lines to deliver high quality, highly reliably commercial applications.
The ideal candidate is collaborator and innovator with demonstrated leadership and superior analytical abilities. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being enthusiastic, thoughtful, thorough, decisive, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. The candidate is not a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get the right things to be done. At the core of the position is delivery, automation, innovation, and relentless pursuit of high performing products.
As a part of the Application Reliability team, you will be at the forefront of technologies interacting with the full breadth of Commercial Platforms and Technologies including: AWS, Hadoop, Azure, Teradata technologies, Python, Flume, Spark, Hive, Informatica, Talend, Sqoop, R, Tableau, Qlik and Python. You will be working with passionate, driven and excited individuals who believe that providing world class products is critical to providing the best health care products in the world.
- As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work to keep revenue and reputation-critical systems up and running by measuring and monitoring availability, performance and overall system health.
- Pre-production validation before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and Production Readiness reviews.
- Our engineers create, fix, extend and scale the code to keep it up and running and improve through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Have an SRE mindset and a set of engineering approaches to running better production systems
- Work directly with customers/developers/architects/product owners to help automate customer issues and drive solutions to build stronger more reliable Commercial Application solutions
- Engage in and improve our Commercial End to End IT Products— design, deployment, operation and continuous improvement.
- Interact with global technologists around the world building global and regional services and relationships with some of the most talented, passionate, caring individuals in the world.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a Computer Science or a relevant field is required
- Highly analytical and able to be calm in the face of a fast-moving environments.
- Experience managing Cloud based infrastructure is highly preferred.
- Experience working with in one or multiple technologies (AWS, Hadoop, Azure, Teradata technologies, Python, Flume, Spark, Hive, Informatica, Talend, Sqoop, R, Tableau, Qlik, Python) is preferred.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design is highly preferred.
- Candidates must be independent and flexible, with solid communication skills and strong customer focus.
- Ability to build, foster, and manage partner and customer relationships as a technical service manager
- Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role
- Recommend and encourage appropriate design and architectural decisions
- Mentor high-performance teams disciplined attention to performance metrics, procedural guidance and continuous process improvement is required
- Firm understanding of Scrum, Agile software development concepts
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)