Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
i4C – “Innovate for Customers” - is Janssen’s ambitious program on digital transformation across EMEA, aiming to create a meaningful and seamless customer experience for our customers. In this program, the Lab4C open innovation manager leads our open innovation strategy working closely with the external ecosystem to accelerate Janssen digital transformation and drive innovation for HCPs, patients and payors. More specifically, the Lab4C Open innovation manager develops the Lab4C innovation portfolio of MVPs across 4 dimensions:
- Develop Lab4C strategic perspective on key innovation directions, working closely with i4C team and local & regional innovation networks
- Build partnerships with healthtech ecosystem players, in line with innovation strategic directions and business needs, to support MVPs and investigate long term innovation opportunities
- Identify and fuel the portfolio of MVPs through internal (Innovation Days) and external channels with healthtech ecosystem (startup challenges, hackathons, innovation events)
- Manage internal and external communications regarding the Lab innovation portfolio and partnerships, working closely with the communications team
To do so, the Lab4C open innovation manager works closely with Janssen and JnJ open innovation network, as well as the business to ensure alignment between innovation and business priorities. He also works closely with i4C cross functional team (IT, medical, regulatory, HCBI, etc.) to identify innovation opportunities and anticipate requirements for MVPs build and scale.
The Lab4C open innovation manager finds support, adequate skills and capacity for delivery and acceleration through relationships with external vendors and contractors.
Are you ready to work doing something you are passionate about?
Main activities / tasks:
- Co-shape strategic directions for innovation working in collaboration with i4C team, local & regional innovation networks, business and other key functions (IT, medical, regulatory, HCBI…)
- Organize market watch on strategic directions, looking at key emerging trends and innovation from healthtech and digital ecosystem, as well as competitive analysis of other pharma players in innovation
- Develop forward looking analyses, publications and events on selected strategic directions, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Network with healthtech ecosystem players (startups, tech companies, VCs, academics, hospitals, etc.) to identify collaboration opportunities
- Map existing partnerships within JnJ, working closely with JLabs, BD, strategic alliances, and local innovation network
- Scout startups addressing specific innovation themes (e.g., linked to specific MVP focus)
- Develop collaborations, including identification of the opportunity, scoping of partnership, contracting, follow up of the execution
- Map existing innovation projects across Janssen working closely local innovation networks and other key functions (analytics, medical, IT, etc.)
- Organize the Lab4C Innovation Days, ensuring visibility of the event, identification of ideas, coaching of ideators and innovation champions and preparation and facilitation of the day
- Develop challenges with external stakeholders (hackathon, startup challenges)
- Assess ideas potential to become future MVPs regarding business value, customer needs, tech feasibility, and scalability
- Coach local network of innovation champions, along with Lab team
- Plan internal and external communication for innovation events, partnerships and prototypes
- Manage community of innovation champions
- Align with other Lab members to ensure coordination of comms
- Master’s degree or above in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable expert in field of customer experience and digital solutions
- Demonstrable expert in open innovation strategies and partnerships
- Strong understanding of the healthtech and digital European ecosystem
- Solid understanding of agile methodologies; including (not exclusive): sprint design, design thinking, scrum, lean start-up
- Solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and changes in the business model.
- Understanding of the implications of working in matrix type of organization for agile methodologies
- Presenter and able to lead multiple levels of organization from MDs to Product Managers through thinking process
- Creative approach to needs, curiosity, open mind and strong ability to learn
- Excellent written and spoken English. Fluency in additional EMEA languages would be beneficial.
- Ability to work effectively in virtual teams.
- Aware of and adherence to J&J Credo values, SOPs, policies and guidelines
- A minimum of 5+ years business experience is required with a proven track record of working within start-ups or innovation teams.
- A minimum of 3 years working on digital and/or customer engagement solutions
- Strong preference for somebody who has worked intensively within healthtech ecosystem
- Strong preference for somebody who has worked intensively on open innovation / strategic partnerships
- Experience in running Innovation projects in regulated industries (banking, insurance, medical devices…)
Is able to shape and influence conversations in a matrix environment with various stakeholders involved in the innovation process:
- European level (ESO): Product managers (EPM), IT teams, Brand directors (IBVTLs and RCSLs), medical teams, CDS teams - digital teams in particular, regulatory and HCBI teams
- JLabs, Innovation & strategic alliances JnJ teams
- Operating Companies local innovation, digital and IT networks
- External partners (academics, hospitals, startups, VCs & incubators, tech companies)
- The role is EMEA based and will involve travel (50%) within the home country and across the EMEA region
- It is anticipated that the role holder will be based in the Paris’ region
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)