Janssen Global Services is currently recruiting for an Associate Director Health Economics -Modeling, within the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), to be located in Raritan, NJ, Beerse, Belgium or Paris, France. This role will be in the HUB (Global Market Access & Commercial Strategy Operations) team and will support Health Economics functional excellence across GCSO.
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson. The following groups make up JGS: Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Global Pharmaceutical Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceutical Procurement Group (USPPG); and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development (PGBD).
The Associate Director Health Economics - Modeling
- Lead the development (from concept to programming and final reporting), refinement and adaptation of economic models including cost-effectiveness, budget impact and burden of illness models.
- The work will involve the in-house "hands-on" development of models as well as management and quality assurance and validation of work conducted by other people and external vendors.
- Will independently lead the conceptualization of the economic models, plan modeling strategies and identify proper data that are aligned with model strategies. Data sources include clinical trials, health-related quality of life studies, costing studies, systematic literature reviews and indirect treatment comparisons, retrospective database analyses, prospective physician or patient epidemiological studies.
- S/he may also draft the development and/or statistical analysis plans if additional data analysis is required for economic models.
S/he will develop tools that explain and capture local data for the adaptation of models as well as develop high quality, user-friendly documentation (technical report and presentation file) for the end-users. This role will also co-lead with brand and functional leaders in the country rollout and training of global models. Strong intellectual curiousity and creativity as well as the ability to collaborate across diverse cross-functional and cross-regional teams are critical attributes for the role.
The Associate Director Health Economics will support the preparation of the relevant sections of reimbursement submissions/dossiers and technical assessment documents. S/he will also be required to lead and/or prepare abstracts and conference presentations, as well as manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- A post-graduate qualification in an appropriate field (Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Health Economics, Economics/Commerce, Public Health, Health Administration or Operations Research) is preferred.
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in Health Economics or Outcomes Research is required.
- Advanced skills with Excel and Visual Basic programming for modeling is also required.
- Strong quantitative skills with a deep understanding of indirect treatment comparison methodology, statistical analysis of clinical trials and observational studies are preferred.
- An understanding of the reimbursement requirements for key international markets is required and experience with reimbursement submissions to managed care or national authorities is preferred.
- The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to demonstrate collaboration and teaming skills while working within cross-functional international teams.
- The position is based in Raritan, NJ, Beerse, Belgium or Paris, France and will require domestic and international travel as needed.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-France-Île-de-France-Paris, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)
Health Economics R&D