Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Sparkworks Design Lead
Requisition ID: 00001EUI
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson Company, is hiring an Associate Director, SparkWorks Design Lead to be located in Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
The SparkWorks Team is a high energy, results-oriented team that works across teams and organizations to define business needs, to bring in innovative capabilities from internal or external sources and to cultivate action by experimenting quickly and iterating. Recently, the team has successfully applied this design approach to several diverse projects such as: establishing high-performing teams, creating novel strategies for talent and people manager development, accelerating organizational strategy execution and driving organizational culture change and movements.
We are seeking a new team member with extraordinary drive who can draw upon his/her strengths, experiences and knowledge to solve business problems. We work as an integrated team and our success is powered by our unwavering passion to reinvent the way people and teams think and work together to deliver exceptional results that stick. Responsibilities include:
- Find opportunities to unlock new ways to creatively and innovatively solve business problems that impact processes, capabilities and culture.
- Design and lead interactive workshops to address business critical questions that draw upon the diverse knowledge and expertise of participants and deliver exceptional results that stick.
- Lead business innovation and culture change/movement projects, using human-centric approaches, by building relationships with measurable value to the organization.
- Facilitate strategy development with various leaders throughout the organization using a consultative and design approach, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Create engaging communication tools to articulate organizational priorities and messages by telling stories visually
- Creatively brainstorm solutions by using internal and external concepts and ideas that can be applied to internal business opportunities.
- Develop frameworks, tools and tactical plans to test and evaluate ideas and solutions within an integrated, global team environment.
- Prototype solutions that address unmet organizational needs while engaging customers and business partners.
- Develop metrics to measure organizational value against the defined project outcomes.
- Have strong leadership skills including strategic thinking, business consultant, service and enterprise mindset, big picture problem solving with attention to detail, and the ability to translate complex business issues into simple solutions.
- Demonstrate and apply strategic and human-centric frameworks and methods relevant to the business questions being addressed.
- Naturally push boundaries and act as a change agent collaborating with and inspiring others. Consistent track record of working successfully across functional boundaries while creating new and lasting connections.
- Demonstrate the ability to gain empathy for customers by obtaining a deep knowledge of customer’s organization, business and needs. As a result of trust gained, have the ability to influence the customer’s direction and decisions based on earned respect, experience and knowledge.
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbally and visually, using storytelling techniques to share new ideas, strategic objectives and outcomes with impact.
- Effectively identify and answer critical business questions based on strategic objectives or customer needs using analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have strong organizational curiosity to challenge the status quo with willingness to try new, unproven ideas.
- Work independently, assume responsibility for job development and training, research and identify creative ways to address challenges. Be an avid, continuous learner with passion to gain new skills.
- Be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly ambiguous environment and within a team that grows with open and direct communication and on giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Embody the PMO Strategy & Innovation team’s core values of curiosity, positivity, rigor, trust, openness, partnership and fun.
- Be proficient in using Microsoft Office suite; have working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and/or other design software.
- A Bachelor degree is required.
- Advanced degree in business or life sciences are preferred.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in strategy development, business innovation, organizational design and improvement required.
- Healthcare industry experience preferred.
- Experience leading global projects that increase business value by improving the way individuals and teams work and collaborate and/or changing the way the business is organized is required.
- This role is located in Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, Spring House, PA or Beerse, Belgium and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)