Johnson & Johnson Careers
Brand Manager Oncology
Requisition ID: 00001ET5
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.com for more information.
Location: Gauteng, South Africa
- Market Research: seek advantages/disadvantages of MR instruments and types of research (quantitative and qualitative) and apply this knowledge to seek strategic insights
- Forecasting (including sales): manage customer/marketplace parameters and forecasting models and business drivers (i.e., business and strategic plan forecasts) to deliver the financial expectations of the brand; constantly strives to identify and answer key strategic questions that can impact the forecast
- Sales Analytics: identify best practices and gaps in brand performance and apply this knowledge to influence sales force structure and compensation (where appropriate) to be competitive in the market and achieve brand growth goals
- Global Branding – vison and value proposition: Uses in-depth knowledge of the brand “foot print”, look, feel, identity, essence, to contribute to the process of global branding. Able to highlight issues to senior management.
- Segmentation: understands the pros and cons of different segmentation approaches and the interplay between payer, prescriber and patient segments in developing and executing a marketing plan
- Brand positioning: develops, executes and measures brand-positioning strategies. Success defined by excellence in brand equity
- Product, Therapeutic and Disease Condition Knowledge: build brand marketing plans that differentiate products
Customer and market place focus:
- Market Dynamics and Evolution: Dissect and understand market dynamics (including social/political) and competitive intelligence and analyze competitor trends. Independently extrapolating data to determine future trends, shaping long term strategy and see linkages across other categories, therapeutic areas and companies
- KOL development and Customer Insight – Current and Future: understand customer insight building on KOL insights both locally and globally, in the therapeutic area—current, future and trends to build a more effective long-term marketing strategy
- Geographic, Cultural and Market Insights: understands geographic and cultural needs of different markets to draw meaningful inferences for planning
- Patient Insights: Expertise in identifying unique needs of the patient and underlying drivers of motivation to influence senior management to create a strategy that best addresses the patient’s needs
- Brand Equity: plan for changes in the relevancy of brand equity dimensions brought about by marketplace changes and new competition
- Pricing and Reimbursements: knowledge of systems across the industry/geographies to provide practical value-added suggestions during pricing development, proposals and negotiations
Marketing Execution and Franchise Management:
- Brand Message Development: understands all phases of the sales process, evaluating brand messaging impact, fully understanding the context from a strategic viewpoint and making changes for the portfolio consistently across segments for the whole brand, maximizing the effectiveness of marketing mix in line with spend.
- Targeting: Expertise in making tradeoffs between target segments; assessing when change is/isn’t warranted while refining targeting based on analysis
- Life Cycle Planning and Management: knowledge of the TA and market and in executing global life cycle pans and evaluating the return on investment. Champions innovative approaches in the development and execution of a competitive life cycle plan. Is a sought after expert in life cycle planning
- Portfolio Management (Strategic Plan): Finds innovative approaches and has excelled at leading the strategic planning process. Coaches and mentor’s others in portfolio/strategic planning
- Budgeting: Uses in-depth knowledge of portfolio budget management to deliver against P&L commitment
Crucial requirements for candidates:
- A minimum of a Health Sciences/ Bsc Tertiary Qualification
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Brand Management
- Preference to those with strong Oncology experience
- Provide strategic direction within the franchise in to reach business planning goals
- Developing, executing and measuring brand strategies across the portfolio
- Develop and execute life cycle plans for new products
- Analytical and problems solving competencies
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits.
Janssen Pharmaceutica (Pty.) Ltd. (8490)