Johnson & Johnson Careers
Organic Chemistry & Engineering Positions (F,M) in Europe
Requisition ID: 00001EQV
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson conduct research and development in a variety of therapeutic areas to discover novel therapeutic approaches to address unmet medical conditions. Janssen has a rich portfolio of small and large molecules, as well as vaccines, driven by strong science and innovation.
In order to further strengthen the scientific teams working on our small molecules portfolio, we are recruiting enthusiastic chemists at various seniority levels and with differentiated expertise:
- The Medicinal Chemistry team is recruiting candidates with a strong background in organic and/or medicinal chemistry. The medicinal chemistry group focuses mainly on developing innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc. In this endeavor, the chemistry teams work closely together with colleagues from the associated Biology teams and with several internal and external partners aiming to progress the most innovative science and gain access to the latest state-of-the-art technologies and expertise.
- The Discovery Process Research (DPR) team is recruiting candidates with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry. The DPR teams operate across a portfolio of projects at the interface of the discovery and development space, from lead identification through the selection of drug candidates. The group facilitates medicinal chemistry research by finding solutions to synthetic bottlenecks, enabling access to novel chemical space and translating chemistry innovations to the development of efficient routes for the synthesis of small molecule drug candidates advancing into development
- The API Process Research and Development (API PRD) department is recruiting chemists and engineers with a strong background in process and organic chemistry. The API PRD group generates creative and innovative ways towards new synthetic routes and solutions that enable large scale manufacturing of target API’s. Process chemists and engineers team up with analysts, crystallization and safety experts to design the best manufacturing process. These cross functional teams work closely together with the pilot plants and bridge with commercial production. New chemical processes are developed meeting stringent requirements concerning safety, environment, technology, economy and quality. As a result of these endeavors, drug candidates are accelerated through the development pipeline by enabling sufficient supplies of active ingredient in support of clinical trials, registration and finally commercialization.
The Janssen campus in Beerse (Belgium) hosts 5,000 employees and has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development, and it is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
- Organic chemistry or Chemical Engineering background
- Strong track record of achievements in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques is required.
- Process engineering
- Strong track record in process scale-up with deep knowledge of unit operations and corresponding digital twins (modelling), PAT tools and downscale principles.
- Consistent track record of scientific excellence and successful research in organic chemistry and/or process engineering supported by peer-reviewed publications
- Passionate to work in the lab and able to perform chemical experiments in state-of-the-art chemical laboratories
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Good soft skills, willing to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner suggesting alternative solutions for existing problems
- Knowledge of automated synthesis approaches and lab reactors and/or high throughput experimentation set-ups
- Expertise or a keen interest in handling large data sets, artificial intelligence, molecular modeling and machine learning
- Process chemistry knowledge: scale-up and engineering aspects
- Oligonucleotide synthesis, carbohydrate and phosphorus chemistry
- Biocatalysis and transition metal catalysis
- Flow, photo- and electrochemistry
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages (for example hospital insurance, and other health care incentives)
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
Interested to apply for one of these positions? Please upload your recent CV online, with an indication of position of interest.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)