Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance BU Lead Cork
Requisition ID: 00001ENB
‘Maintenance’ is ‘the process of preserving something in a predefined condition’. Sounds easy, right?
Are you the seasoned technical and business people leader that ‘embraces problems and opportunities’ and curious to find out how easy it is to maintain state of art industrial Manufacturing Assets in a 24/7 Chemical Process environment in real life? Then you may be the talent we are looking for. Your talent to quickly pinpoint sources of process disturbances (even before they materialize), combined with your ability to drive structured process improvement is what we are looking for.
MAKE Asset Management (MAM) is committed to deliver reliable, competitive and innovative Asset Management across the Janssen MAKE network. MAM provides agile, future proofed, data driven services and solutions to enable MTO platforms to deliver to our customers. MAM establishes effective internal and external partnerships and fosters an empowered environment that fuels diversity, talent and expertise.
The Maintenance BU Lead is a member of the API Small Molecules MAM Cluster Leadership Team as well as the Operational Business Unit team served. The position holds Technical Ownership of the development and/or commercial production physical assets in the use phase of the Asset Life Cycle (post hand-over from engineering to the user and up to equipment decommissioning and dismantling) and has Business Unit accountability for technical compliance, reliability and maintenance cost of the manufacturing assets through efficient execution of various maintenance strategies.
Specifically, areas of responsibility include:
Managing activities of the BU maintenance unit to support development and commercial manufacture of API’s in a highly regulated environment in alignment with the BU and Cluster business priorities:
This position is the MAM representative/key point of contact towards the BU, and represents MAM in all BU governances:
- Involves frequent connection with Cluster Lead positions (overall Cluster Leadership, Cluster leadership positions for Execution Systems, Engineering and Risk Management).
- Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for internal MAM communications across maintenance associates located at the BU location.
Manages an efficient organization for execution of planned and emergency maintenance (e.g. corrective maintenance, calibration, preventive & predictive maintenance and inspection) and general support of production activities (e.g. cleaning, change-overs and changes):
- Ensure an appropriately sized and adequately trained / developed workforce within the maintenance unit (technically, managerially and business wise).
- Provide an attractive, safe and healthy maintenance work place with high standard infrastructure, efficient diagnostic equipment and tools for predictive maintenance.
- Ensure effective execution of the Work Order Process in a standardized way across the maintenance department including formal steps for capturing, authorizing (prioritizing/gate keeping), planning, scheduling, executing and reviewing of work.
- Deploy standards for execution of recurring work (standard work method, job safety analysis, labor and parts requirements, costing information…) to assure effectiveness and minimize risks and equipment downtime.
- Establish and manage effective communication with stakeholders (MAM Cluster level positions, MAM CoE, Operations, E&PS, Tech Ops, Quality, EHSS, …) in a standardized way and at different levels of the organization (tiered communication process), provide timely feedback and assure delivery to commitment. Establish and manage an effective escalation model.
- Ownership of BU maintenance activity sourcing activities (insourcing/outsourcing) considering retention of critical know how, responsiveness to business needs and cost optimization.
- Continuously monitor new developments in the field of professional maintenance.
- Drive continuous improvement in the BU (developing KPI and monitor process performance, identify and execute opportunities for improvement).
Partner with MAM Engineering, Execution Systems and Risk Management and Production, E&PS, EH&SS, Quality and Planning to drive asset reliability & availability improvement:
- Provide design requirements to equipment engineering with respect to reliability, availability and maintainability (e.g. expectations for equipment life, extended service intervals, operational performance standards, acceptable failure modes and rates, easy/safe access for cleaning & maintenance, repair time, etc.) as well as planned lifecycle (maintenance) cost.
- Review engineering standards and provide input on technology and component selection.
Support Engineering projects, New Product Introductions (NPI), Product Life Cycle Management Projects (PLCM), Cost Improvement Initiatives (CIP) and JJPS or Lean initiatives.
As a member of the global SM API Cluster LT, participating in and/or leading of SM Cluster initiatives to develop or improve Maintenance Processes as well as securing those in the local MAM organization.
Accountabilities as Technical Owner in the use phase of the Asset Life Cycle include:
- Accountable for reliable, high-quality and efficient execution of maintenance strategies for all manufacturing assets in scope of the BU (Asset Replacement Value: $350-$600MM), utilizing an effective balance of internal and external resources including service providers.
- Ensures equipment functionality in a ‘as good as new’ state and maintains assets in a state of compliance with all GMP & EHS&S regulations and internal J&J policies and standards.
- Accountable for the resolution of technical issues. Owning execution of Fault/Root Cause Analysis & Review (FRACAS) on critical installations including technical and budgetary decisions to ensure timely and first-time right execution.
- Leads development and achievement of annual maintenance goals and objectives including metric improvement targets. Equipment uptime and cost are a key indicator of success.
- Accountable to develop an activity based (direct) maintenance budget commensurate with the risk to be managed (considering equipment criticality, expected equipment availability and cost of unreliability) and assuming ownership to deliver against that budget accordingly (directional 2 to 5 million USD including expense projects).
- Owns input to the 5-year Base Business Capital Replacement Plan for assigned assets; supervises the deployment; co-sponsors approval of plan through Cluster Management.
- Owns the performance management process for the Maintenance BU, including tracking and management of KPI and goals & objectives; sponsors continuous improvement activities and originates programs to deliver on BU objectives resulting in fulfillment of company goals.
- Support risk assessment processes (FMECA, HAZOP, RCM …) to determine risk mitigation strategies (maintenance strategies, spare parts requirements etc. …)
- Supports deployment of Technical Safety, Compliance, Reliability and Asset Management programs at the level of the BU.
- Owns the deployment of Maintenance Execution standards in the BU. Provides input in the development of Maintenance strategies (maintenance plans, spare parts etc.)
- Maintaining asset documentation as-build and keeping CMMS maintenance data current.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Candidates possess strong people leadership skills (talent development track record) and proven organizational change management skills to implement Maintenance strategies and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Asset Management/Maintenance processes is required. Professional MAMC or equivalent external certification is required (or willing to acquire in first year in role)
- Strong business acumen, familiarity with financial management (budgeting & costing) required
- Ability to operate both strategically/conceptually as well as practically at the shop floor level and to connect easily across various levels in the organization locally and globally at a Cluster level.
- Proficiency in Customer/Supplier Relationship Management. Experience in managing multiple stakeholder groups.
- Effectively partners and delivers results in a matrix environment; works collaboratively across local and global functions. Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in developing partnerships with external partners to support internal processes (support development of managed service agreements, monitoring performance and cost).
- Result driven personality, ability to establish a high performance and continuous improvement culture driven by key performance metrics, fact-based/data driven thinking, benchmarking and adoption of best practices.
- Ability to shape processes in accordance with LEAN and Faster Forward design principles.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management requirements in chemical industry (SEVESO, Functional Safety, PED, SIL ...) and risk management processes (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMECA, RCM ...).
- Knowledge of quality requirements in Pharmaceutical/Life Science industries is required.
- Knowledge of the CMMS functionality is highly desired (SAP PM).
- Excellent knowledge of English required, both verbally and written.
- Creates innovative technical solutions to realize objectives aligned with business plan.
- Tracks technology/industry trends re. Maintenance and Calibration.
- Initiates and/or supports Manufacturing For the Future initiatives (MFF) within the Cluster (e.g. on Asset Performance Optimization (APO), innovative predictive technologies, digitalization, mobility at shop floor, data analytics …).
- Understands/balances when to apply standards and when new solutions are needed
- Member of the BU LT and governance, and the API SM MAM Cluster LT.
- Single MAM representative/key point of contact towards the BU, and only representative of MAM in all BU governances acting as an integrator, maintaining oversight on all ongoing MAM activities, initiatives and projects for the BU.
- Partners with Cluster level Project Engineering, ES, Facilities and BU Operations lead to enable this position to serve as BU level maintenance single point of contact, understand MAM. strategies and expectations and translate them into equipment maintenance solutions in line with equipment maintenance standards.
- Steers collaboration with internal and external partners (key JNJ suppliers, service providers and contractors) to clarify roles and responsibilities, coordinate work and to remove barriers. Establishes and manages external relationships to ensure quality of work and compliance with all company policies and regulatory guidelines
- Supports other Maintenance BU’s on a need basis.
- Occasionally provides external manufacturing support through PES to support and drive external manufacturing partner capability assessment as well as project support at external locations to drive the MTO/JSC priorities.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Flawless Project Execution (FPX) (highly desired)
- MAMC (have or willing to acquire certification by JJSC Academy)
- Six Sigma/Lean certification (desired)
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)