Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Manager, Robotic Systems
Requisition ID: 00001ELB
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager, Digital Orthopedics located in Warsaw, IN or Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will:
- Develop and own the cross-functional timeline for new product development (NPD) projects including design, prototyping, design quality, test, sourcing, regulatory and supply chain ramp-up.
- Act as the subject matter expert and will assist in the implementation of new processes and training.
- Identify critical paths and roadblocks within a project and offer solutions to roadblocks. Provide leadership and guidance to project teams.
- Develop and possess critical organizational knowledge and will mentor/provide direction to junior project managers.
- Identify appropriate project strategies that match product and market goals and understand and follow the NPD process with a focus on quality.
- Manage project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques and work with stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk analyses for all assigned projects.
- Communicate on project status to all project stakeholders. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, post-market introduction reports, monthly updates and project deep-dives as required.
- Define key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks and clearly communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis.
- Lead contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, finance, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities and establish and maintain relationships with all partners (global & domestic).
- Build and approve projects budget and liaise with functional managers or stakeholders as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree focused degree in Business, Engineering or related fields is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- A minimum of 1 years of project leadership experience is required.
- Experience working in the Medical Device industry in mechanical and/or software/electronics area is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading a project from concept through market introduction is desired.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability is required. Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
- Proficiency in written and/or spoken French is desired.
- A Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) is preferred.
- The ability to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems and effectively integrate systems is required.
- This candidate must be well organized, self-motivated, energetic, creative and resourceful.
- In addition, this candidate must demonstrate strong leadership, management and team work qualities.
- This position will be based in Warsaw, IN or Leeds, UK and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)