Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head, Global Training Design & Development
Requisition ID: 00001E9T
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. is recruiting for a Head, Global Training Design & Development to be based in Tampa, FL, Prague, Bogota, or Manila.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Training & Learning Operations, the Head, Global Training Design & Development is a newly created role that will be accountable for setting the short and long-term strategy and vision of the new internal global instructional design and development team as part of J&J shared service organization – Global Services. This position will stand up this new shared service organization aligned with the vision of missions of Global Service Delivery. This role will be a key strategic partner in enabling the GS and Cross Functional businesses in achieving their talent agenda. This role will serve as a thought leader bringing progressive learning methods and technologies into the portfolio of services. There is accountability to set up the strategy and vision for how we design and develop training consistently across the enterprise. This includes setting the foundation for standard methodology, tools, and technology.
- Lead a global team (~15-20) who will be responsible for design, development and maintenance of effective training curriculums for enhancing skills to drive performance across GS, cross functions, and the J&J enterprise.
- The Training Design & Development Head will provide overall leadership and direction to the team located in EMEA, ASPAC, LATAM and North America. Aligned to the J&J employees they serve.
- Create and implement the global strategy, standard processes, and tools for how we design training to meet the needs of the global GS organization and Functions– using progressive methods in adult learning theory and capability building.
- Define and implement the global strategy, standards and technology used to develop training across the enterprise. Ensuring we keep up with industry trends while balancing cost and ROI.
- Head up the implementation of developing training in +13 languages for the global audience – defining strategy for translation for training development.
- Accountable for building and leading a team of instructional designers and content developers (using latest technology) and oversee the execution and sustainment of the advanced of consistent training design and development across the enterprise.
- Train, coach and be responsible for the growth and development of the individuals on their team.
- Inspire a dynamic culture and lead by example, respecting J&J values and our Credo.
- Play a key role as a member of the leadership team driving the vision of this new shared service offering across the enterprise.
- Partner with the Global Process Owner Team and Regional GS leaders to create and implement standard processes that will be followed across the enterprise for designing and development of training within Global Services/Functions.
- Partner with the Global Process Owner Team and Regional GS leaders to create KPIs, SLAs and supporting operational metrics to run the design and development organization as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Ensures consistency in the delivery and application of training standards across the business and oversees the design and development of new training programs and initiatives, ensuring that these programs and initiatives are consistent with the business overall strategies, objectives, and needs.
- Keep up to date with the latest instructional technologies through the establishment of personal networks, attendance of workshops, reviewing of professional publications, and participation in professional industry associations.
- Visionary that introduces the latest and most applicable trends in training and development for inclusion in the overall strategy, constantly maintaining and updating training philosophies, practices, and strategies within the business.
- Establish strong partnerships with the ability to influence global function leaders, internal leadership peers and various business partners/SMEs globally.
- Deploy & manage global trainer/faculty strategy and implement a standard train-the-trainer process and protocols for the J&J global curriculum to ensure successful knowledge transfer.
- Build a learning mindset across the business and an environment of shared responsibility for programs and processes
- Strong Partnership with Corporate Global Talent Management to ensure teams are aligning on design and development strategies for the enterprise.
- Partner with Service Experience, Knowledge Management, Change Management/Communication teams to provide leading edge training opportunities to Global Services and the J&J enterprise
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- An advanced degree or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience with at least 5 years in learning and development, training, or relevant experience in training/instructional design/adult education, learning technology, or related
- Must have at least 4 years of experience managing a team in multiple locations.
- Experience managing a team on a global scale is preferred
- Global experience required
- Budget management experience required
- Must also demonstrate experience in content creation, maintenance of training processes, and the successful development of ongoing training and development programs
- Experience with virtual technology, gamification, EPSS (Electronics Performance Support Systems), or related is preferred
- Strong understanding of Service Center management preferred
- This role will be based in Tampa, FL, Prague, Bogota, or Manila and require up to 20%-30% travel internationally.
you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is
career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Florida-Tampa-8800 Grand Oak Circle
Latin America-Colombia-Distrito Capital de Bogotá-Bogotá, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague, Asia Pacific-Philippines-National Capital-Manila
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Training & Development