Johnson & Johnson Careers
EMEA Strategic Pricing Manager
United Kingdom; Switzerland; Italy; Belgium; Germany; Spain; France
Health Economics Mkt
Requisition ID: 00001E8J
This is a highly strategic and exciting role within the EMEA HEMAR team that will be responsible for managing a cutting-edge portfolio of products that can transform the lives of patients with immunology disease.
The Strategic Pricing Manager will work closely with the Compound Market Access Leaders, the EMEA Pricing Hub, Global Pricing and EMEA Operating Companies in managing strategic pricing within the immunology therapy area.
The post holder will lead the product-specific pricing strategy at an EMEA level, as well as lead or be involved in strategic pricing projects relevant to the immunology therapy area.
In collaboration with the EMEA Pricing Hub, there will be an opportunity to also be involved in cross portfolio pricing and policy projects aimed at strengthening Janssen’s overall organizational approach to pricing. It is expected that the post holder would provide EMEA input to indications in the pipeline and take the lead on initiatives aimed at finding solutions to pricing challenges.
The post holder will further identify and analyze therapy area pricing issues that are or will become business critical and to work with the HEMAR team, EMEA Commercial Colleagues and Global to develop clear plans that will optimize revenues across the region and enhance Janssen’s competitive advantage.
Key responsibilities will cover:
- Provide internal and external thought leadership in identifying challenges associated with pricing and work with internal and external stakeholders to drive the debate and find innovative solutions
- Define Regional Pricing Strategy over the life cycle
- Run regional pricing/payer research and translate these insights to build clear regional strategies
- Define launch sequencing for countries & multiple indications
- Lead implementation of regional pricing strategies and tactics, working closely with operating companies to find innovative solutions that deliver access whilst optimizing long-term value for Janssen EMEA
- In collaboration with the IBVTs, finance and Pricing HUB, provide strong leadership and clear recommendations on pricing assumptions across EMEA for key business planning processes: BP, MTP and LRFP
- Build product specific EMEA strategies including innovative access strategies
- Consider how evidence generation plans and RWE strategies can defend or substantiate pricing potential, through close working with CMALs and IBVT colleagues
- Monitor TA-quality metrics / adherence to defined pricing strategy
- Provide pricing assessment for NBD evaluations, early products development and regulatory strategy
- Provide EMEA pricing perspective into global
- Clinical development programs, incl. TPPs
- Payer / pricing research
- Shape global Access & Pricing Strategy for portfolio over the life cycle
- Represent EMEA Pricing on the PRIT (pricing and reimbursement implementation team), evaluating Op-Co business cases to make clear, credo-based decisions or recommendations on pricing applications
- Be a true business partner, working with Janssen’s operating companies to explore and find solutions to pricing challenges and to support them in the development of business cases for PRIT submission.
- Regional Pricing Guidance
- Launch Sequencing for countries & multiple indications scenario, considering IRP and competitive landscape
- PRIT: coordination of review, recommendations / escalation, myPrice approvals & documentation
- BP&LRFP Brand pricing guidance & forecast, pricing content for ESLT / ELT review
- Brand Performance reports (e.g. P&R trackers)
- Brands specific MEA strategy & tools
- Projects to drive innovative solutions to pricing challenges
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Advanced degree in a science, business or related field
- Consolidated expertise in Pharmaceutical Pricing and Market Access with a good knowledge of pricing systems in the EMEA Region
- Track record of developing and implementing successful pricing strategies
- Strategic thinker, capable of seeing the big picture with an innate ability to be able to work in analytic detail as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Adept team player, able to foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders across multiple countries and cultures
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Awareness of and application of J&J Credo values, SOPs, policies and guidelines
- Fluency in additional EMEA languages would be beneficial
- The role is based in Central Europe and will involve travel (<40%) within the home country and across the EMEA region.
- It is anticipated that the role holder will be based in his/her current country of residence as long as easy access to travel/ transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Health Economics Mkt