Johnson & Johnson Careers
JJCO HEAD CLINICAL OPERATIONS
Requisition ID: 00001E7X
The JJCO Clinical Operations Head is a senior role within Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO) organization and is accountable for the strategic leadership and operational oversight of the Johnson and Johnson Clinical Operations Centre of Excellence (a newly formed Clinical Operations group across the three sectors within JNJ). The intent and scope of the COE aims to leverage knowledge, processes and build harmonized capabilities (processes as well as systems) and talent pipeline across the three sectors to fuel innovation to drive business value. It will also deliver global clinical trial coordination activities of JnJ’s growing future portfolio of cross sector medical and health care solutions. . The incumbent will lead a strategic and senior leadership team who manage a global staff of about 15-20 FTEs (e.g., J&J headcount and Flexible resources).
The incumbent will lead the JJCO leadership team, which consists of the heads of the different Clinical Operations groups of each sector as well as members of Quality Management, IT and Finance functions. He/she is expected to lead the overall strategy development and seek alignment and harmonization of the business processes and systems while acknowledging the specific needs of each of the sectors. He/she will also be accountable for the flawless execution and successful implementation of the key strategic initiatives and be the business owner of the clinical operations capabilities
- Accountable for the design, development and implementation of strategic planning for global cross sector clinical operations innovative approaches and capabilities that will drive value for the business and be in accordance with good clinical practices and regulatory requirements. This will include being responsible for evaluating clinical trials using Electronic Health Records.
- Accountable for the clinical operations execution of multiple cross-sector clinical development programs including accountability for decision making, resource allocation, team effectiveness, and relevant research.
- Lead the team through the identification and delivery of business improvements that optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of clinical operations across the sectors.
- Lead the JJCO COE SLT to drive collaboration and partnership with the Sector Clinical Operations Heads and other senior business leaders.
- Supervise team of 15-20 people and lead efforts to grow and share talent across the different sectors which contributes to a stronger JNJ pipeline of operational leaders.
- Develops strategic partnerships internally within OCMO, across R&D Operation within the different sectors, Commercial business leaders, and other R&D stakeholders to improve clinical operations execution and define future state innovative operations capabilities. Develops strategic partnerships externally to be informed and influence industry trends to accelerate adoption in JJCO ways of working. Also build and maintain strong partnerships with external and strategic suppliers (systems as well as outsourcing partners)
- Leads the communication of the JJCO Vision through JJCO leadership, communication, and alignment by building an informed, aligned, and engaged workforce.
- Conduct regular status updates and initiative reviews with executive sponsors and governance, facilitating discussions to identify and resolve issues, and obtain alignment on required decisions
- Is accountable for the JJCO annual budget process. Communicates anticipated projects, clinical trial plans, and additions to staff. Approves final budget.
- Accountable for building a high performing team through on-going development, performance management and coaching. Takes ownership for ensuring a strong pipeline of leaders through the Succession Planning process. Creates a strong link between JJCO and the Sector clinical operations functions to drive collaboration, identification of cross-sector opportunities and improvements, and new ways of working
- Support business development partnering activities & potential external co-development partners
- Establish and oversee external partnerships with partner institutions and enable application of novel approaches to the use of real world data and enable pragmatic trials
- Required Minimum Education: Advanced degree in a scientific discipline is required
- Required Years of Related Experience: 10 years of experience in a scientific discipline, including at least 8 years of experience in relevant Clinical Operations functions across career.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in clinical operations is essential
- Experience leading development & implementation of complex business models
- Expertise in pragmatic and/or EHR embedded studies is a plus
- Track record of leading in a global/highly matrix environment.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and managing through business model transformations
- Excels in partnering and collaborating with multi-cultural, interdisciplinary teams
- Organizational savvy and strong influence skills to balance between and across sectors
- Ability to communicate seamlessly between scientific and business partners alike, to negotiate timelines, resources and effective international collaborations
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong negotiation skills, facilitation skills and ability to drive for clarity and results when faced with ambiguity.
- Strong presentation skills with ability to concisely present information in clear and understandable format.
- Visionary, credo-based leader
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizations & develop talent pipeline
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow organizations functionally and structurally to high performance organizations
- Aligns strategic mid to long term strategy with short-term deliverables
- High degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management
- Strong financial business acumen, and inspirational leadership skills.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Ability to evaluate innovative ideas and align their value to the needs and requirements of sectors
- Ability to anticipate potential risks and issues that may impede the initiative and determine mitigating actions
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Europe/Middle East/Africa, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Trial Administration