Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Technology Director Patient Pathway
Requisition ID: 00001E3F
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Technical Director, Patient Pathway & OR Optimization. This position is based in EMEA and reports to the Senior Director, Stratcaps and Services & Solutioning.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices & Diagnostics Global Services, LLC., represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD&D organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
Healthcare is a transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and societal trends. The goal of Johnson and Johnson’s Valeu Creation is to provides strategy, management, technology and consulting services to help healthcare institutions around the world to anticipate and address their most complex business challenges.
We are seeking a visionary leader who can combine Technology expertise with knowledge of the health care environment to lead transformational change in the way we accelerate business value realization by leveraging available and emerging platforms that address critical gaps in the healthcare ecosystem architecture. The role will focus on the hospital and patient value chain with focus on Hospital based platforms for Patient Pathways and OR Optimization Capabilities. This role is represented as a core member of the IT Medical Devices Architecture EMEA team.
This leader will demonstrate proven expertise leading teams to understand business strategies, envision and prioritize business capabilities, and design business solutions that involve creating and providing business and technology implementation road maps and technology architecture recommendations, utilizing tools and techniques to develop and implement project phases.
The new Director must bring strong thought leadership around healthcare and hospital ecosystem architecture, design and strategy experience while seeking out opportunities for simplification, capability enablement and standardization of the IT solutions landscape, instituting best practices and lowering costs; Finally, the ability to collaborate and influence other directors, executives and the team and develop a strong leadership pipeline is an important factor for success.
Technology Director Patient Pathway & OR Optimization for MDD&D will have end-to-end global responsibility for creating and aligning a Patient Pathway & OR Optimization Technology Strategy with strategic business intent and establishing the technology capabilities for Enterprise-level business solutions within the healthcare segment.
Developing Technology strategy; as well as writing, communicating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
documenting effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that will be clearly understood by all users and co-workers, and coordinating, facilitating and making presentations
Provides architecture direction and guidance; ensures alignment with Strategic J&J Roadmaps and technologies and J&J Technology Standards; Drives consistency and quality of the Architecture artifacts (business process architecture, data architecture, etc.)
Identifying and addressing client needs in close partnership with the IT Director Patient Pathways and OR Optimization: build solid relationships with clients; develop an awareness of customer’s needs/ services; communicate with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicate and manage potential conflicts;
Leading staff to generate a vision, to establish direction and motivate members, as well as create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, to encourage improvement and innovation
Collaboration with Enterprise Technical Architects to create and maintain strategic roadmaps, principles, standards and reference architectures
Engagement with business executives to define, understand and document business requirements and desired business capabilities, iterating new business capabilities into the future-state business architecture
Maintenance of business architecture structures from business capability to process to organization, emphasizing profiles of customer events and their relationship to business capabilities;
Guidance provided to Project Architects to develop project level requirements and establish compliance with business architecture, enterprise and functional area strategic roadmaps
Establishment of interoperability across functional domains
Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps (via architecture dependencies and prioritization)
Serve as the technical SME and TAO for patient pathway solutions including: Care4Today, PROMS and ensure technical landscaping in the space
A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Healthcare/Hospital IT. Proven experience in best practices in consulting, solution development, architecture and delivery. This includes proven success in roles within a professional services firm or large enterprise leading and supporting teams that services clients and expertise of these areas Business architectures (i.e. Knowledge or Information Architecture, Process Architecture, Organization Architecture, or Products and Services Offering Architecture) and Operations used to support creating client-driven transformation solutions throughout the transformation lifecycle:
- Served as the thought leader for HealthCare IT/ Hospital Eco-system functional areas within a large healthcare institution or consulting practice
- Proven experience in enterprise integration with a focus on IOT, cloud computing, Big Data, and traditional Hospital Platforms (EPIC, EMR etc).
- Demonstrates proven expert-level abilities and success with directing and executing architecture engagements aligned to a client's business strategy, preferably within a professional services firm or large enterprise supporting a team servicing clients,
- Leading and managing engagements from conception and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff
- Experience with integration methodologies and tools, ERP, Big Data, Digital and other technologies leveraged in a healthcare supply chain
- Experience Finding Refined Solutions to Complex Design Challenges And Helping The Entire Team Meet Its Commitments
- Must have a “big picture” mind set and always think beyond a single project, business domain, or operating company.
- Proven and credible business knowledge and experience in the applications that are supported across the Commercial, Quality and Compliance or Supply chain functional domains.
- Must have experience in developing strategies and roadmaps with IT architecture focus (e.g. technology blueprints, business process harmonization blueprints, systems integration maps, etc.).
- Must be adept at handling complexity and ambiguity.
- Must be skilled in building strong cross-functional partnerships.
- Experience in release management would be a benefit
- Experience with leading multi-company teams and global efforts are preferred. Previous people management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability for a rapid understanding of business processes, and their technology implications.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate business requirements, direction, and initiatives from an enterprise-level perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- Proven ability to manage team within a matrixed structure. Must have the ability to influence without direct authority.
- Demonstrated understanding and management of financial processes and results related to projects, departmental budgets, and enterprise.
- Have a deep technical knowledge of information technology relevant to major business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to drive standards utilization and leverage technology solutions across the J&J enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and effectively apply technology expertise in a rapidly changing business and technology environment.
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment is required.
- TOGAF and ITIL certification preferred.
- Experience and practice in architecture preferred.
- Searching and analyzing large and complex data sets, conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)