Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Workplace Health & Safety Excellence - EHS & S
Requisition ID: 00001E16
- Develops and implements global technical plans (strategy and tactics) to assure EHS&S compliance with health & safety regulations and J&J EHS&S standards, to eliminate or control health & safety risks in the workplace, prevent employee injuries and illnesses and environmental contamination while facilitating the conservation of limited natural resources.
- Collaborates with the EHS operations team, troubleshooting, adapting and deploying safety strategies/tactics to the breadth of businesses across J&J.
- Leads and develops talent consistent with the expectations of the Johnson & Johnson Leadership Imperatives.
- Leverages senior level expertise across the enterprise to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Stewards J&J’s process for setting global strategy, policy, standards and goals in the areas of industrial hygiene, process safety management, occupational safety, ergonomics, fleet safety and office EHS.
- Engages externally to benchmark and assure J&J stays at the forefront of innovative health and safety solutions as well as to advance J&J’s thought leadership and impact through collaborative partnerships in the workplace health and safety space.
- Supports health and safety focus audits as part of EHS&S governance process.
- Outstanding leadership; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative.
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured; ability to create a sense of urgency around preventing injuries, illness and environmental contamination while conserving natural resources.
- Good understanding of global workplace health and safety regulations and issues.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% is required.
This description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)
Environmental Health & Safety