Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Strategic Marketing, Respiratory Infectious Diseases
Requisition ID: 00001DU4
Janssen Global Services, LLC a company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Director, Strategic Marketing, Respiratory Infectious Diseases, located in Raritan, NJ. The Respiratory Infectious Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) is part of the Infectious Disease & Vaccines (IDV) Therapeutic Area.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Global Strategic Marketing, Respiratory Infectious Diseases, reports to the Global Respiratory Infections DAS Commercial Leader. The Director is responsible for developing global commercial strategy for pipeline assets, in collaboration with key functions across the Global Commercial Strategy Organization (GCSO), Research and Development (R&D), and JNJ business regions.
The Director, Global Strategic Marketing, Respiratory Infectious Diseases will:
- Lead development and implementation of key components of global commercial strategy, including market definition, brand vision, indication sequencing, value strategy, differentiation, and positioning.
- Leverage in-depth knowledge of the current and future market to provide insights for forecasting, strategic planning, and business planning.
- Effectively partner with R&D and serve as the “voice of the customer” on the cross-functional Compound Development Team and within the DAS, to ensure the development of products with unequivocal promotable advantage and strong evidence-based value propositions.
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Market Access to develop and advance strategies for medical education, publications, market access and reimbursement. Partner with Supply Chain and Patient Engagement teams to develop and implement strategies that deliver customer value based in appropriate stakeholder insights and inputs.
- Collaborate with regional partners to lead the creation and execution of well-coordinated commercial strategies and launch plans, embedding external stakeholder insights from patients, health care providers, and payers.
- Serve as a core member of the Global Commercial Team (GCT), a cross-functional team responsible for developing and executing the global Respiratory commercial strategy. Champion diverse inputs from the GCT and partner functions, to ensure holistic, globally-relevant commercial strategies are developed.
- Support the development of a robust portfolio strategy for the Respiratory Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) and assist DAS leadership in identifying and assessing new business development opportunities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is strongly preferred. Experience in infectious diseases, vaccines and/or respiratory/pulmonary markets is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical industry is required, with a documented track record of exceptional results, leadership and teamwork.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills are required, as are the abilities to master complexity and to integrate insights into strategies
- Acumen with scientific and clinical data, and the ability to dialogue with Research/Scientific and Medical/Clinical colleagues is required
- In-line marketing experience is required, with focused results in professional promotion, professional education, PR/communications, and sales force education
- Candidate must have demonstrated track record of teamwork, collaboration, and inclusion, and the ability to develop strong business relationships across functions and geographies
- Candidate must have strong leadership skills as well as excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in planning, prioritizing and leading projects and a proven ability to influence without authority is required
- Agency/vendor management experience is required
- Experience in global strategy development, or marketing experience in more than one region/country is preferred
- Pharmaceutical or vaccine product launch experience is required
The preferred location for this position is Raritan, NJ. Other locations: Beerse, Belgium or Leiden, Netherlands. This position will require up to 30% travel, both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)