Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, RDE Application Lifecycle Management Supply Chain IT Research & Design
Bridgewater, New Jersey; United States
Requisition ID: 00001DT5
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, RDE Application Lifecycle Management Supply Chain IT Research & Design in our Bridgewater, NJ office.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Medical Devices represents more than 60 manufacturing sites and 26,000 employees who plan, source, manufacture and deliver high-quality and cost-effective medical products to our customers around the globe each day. Work of the MD organization supports a multitude of product platforms, new products and delivery systems that are used in a wide range of procedures throughout the healthcare industry, including interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, minimally invasive surgery, hospital sterilization, clinical laboratory testing, diabetes management, joint replacement surgery and vision care.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Application Lifecycle Management Architect within the SCIT Research & Design Business Architecture organization is responsible for creating the foundational environment for optimizing application portfolio value. Enabling and optimizing application lifecycles for Supply Chain requires a unique combination of tactical, strategic and analytical skills. An ability to create an operational environment for managing application metadata, an eye for getting the most value out of applications, identifying business risk and investing in application upgrades and retirements. The role will often be called upon to create a process across supply chain to be executed by product lines. It will also liaise with TLM and ALM functions in TS and of course with the rest of the Supply Chain RDE team. Supply Chain has by far the largest application portfolio of any BT unit and requires a full-time person to manage these activities and optimize this very valuable portfolio of assets.
The Application Lifecycle Architect will partner with process owners, PLs, other architects, Project Portfolio and TS at every level to define, develop, document and communicate the environment needed to optimize the value of our Supply Chain Application portfolio. The incumbent will be expected to work across J&J and across industry (analysts, vendors, external peer groups) to become experts in new and existing lifecycle management approaches and tools with the potential to drive positive change for J&J Supply Chain.
Architects are expected to be technology leaders AND have business knowledge across supply chain. This role is no exception as the incumbent will have enough technical depth to understand where an application is relative to technology state of the art and enough business depth to identify an application’s ability to support business best practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop an application portfolio management strategy, metadata model and associated process and metrics for Supply Chain. Working with a diverse set of stakeholders and a broad application portfolio, define the scope of the work and identify the greatest priorities for enabling business value in the supply chain application portfolio.
- Work with product line architects and product line owners to deploy the application portfolio strategy described above. Ensure each product line is tracking to the strategy via qualitative and quantitative measures. This will include data cleanliness, portfolio alignment, and value generation.
- Supports other RDE architects in their endeavors. Optimally, these discussions will be conducted using reference architecture material already developed. If that material is new, unclear, or absent, it will be necessary to work with program teams to understand the architecture guidance applicable to their initiative.
- Contributes to the SC/SCIT strategy, SC & J&J Architecture Strategy and where relevant, SC and J&J business strategy. Works closely with TS architects and application lifecycle managers to leverage programs, processes and tools implemented at the JJT level. Ensures all Product Line strategies and deliverables are consistent with next generation architecture.
- Oversight of IT data model and associated analytics. Connection to and benchmarking with internal and external entities to drive application portfolio management to higher levels of value.
- Contribute content to the FEA community via meeting participation, white paper development, master class teaching assignments, FEA topic leadership, and in other ways to fully engage with the broader J&J EA community.
- Drive strategic organizational and people development activities including recruiting, retaining, and developing Architects across J&J, ensuring optimal organizational constructs and continuous updating organization skills/knowledge profile.
- Impact sustainable business outcomes across SC.
- Promote and improve the architecture process across SC.
- Works with Senior Business and IT leadership to approve allocation of budget to meet architectural initiatives critical to business/mission success.
- Works across SCBT Research and Design to improve organizational and process effectiveness.
Required Minimum Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a related field or equivalent work experience.
Required Years of Related Experience:
- 8+ years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- 8+ years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross- functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- 8+ years of knowledge of enterprise architecture, business process re-engineering and strong knowledge of financial models and budgeting.
- General knowledge of Supply Chain functional business processes and enabling IT technologies for Plan, Source, Make & Deliver driving automation and in applying new technologies to these business processes
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of SCOR through level 3.
- Familiar with APICS CSCP content – certification is a plus.
- Healthcare Supply Chain knowledge.
- Familiarity with next generation IT as outlined in Factory 4.0.
- Familiar with ERP strategies and deployments (> 50% of SCIT spend).
- Knowledge of Acquisition & Divestiture (A&D) processes
- Familiar with emerging technology solutions.
- Knowledge of End-to-End business processes how they interact with SC functions.
- Knowledge of Applications and Application Vendors that enable Supply Chain End-to-End functions (e.g., SRM, SNC, CRM, WHM, TMS, etc.) and how they fit with the overall JJIT architecture.
- Knowledge of the Medical Device, Consumer, Pharma and/or Healthcare industry
- Track record leading technology architecture teams
- Track record of large program delivery
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Experience with Managerial Cost Accounting and supply side operational management
- Experience managing large, global, multi-location teams
- Track record of driving business value through information technology
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills; multi-language skills is a plus
- Ability to tell a story through visuals.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple critical issues simultaneously
- Experience in working with multiple competing stakeholders and priorities
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both external customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead senior leadership teams
- People Management Experience
- APICS Certified
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Europe/Middle East/Africa, North America-United States
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)