Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Unit Manager - Packaging & Warehouse
Requisition ID: 00001DRT
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The Business Unit Manager will be responsible for the Packaging & Warehouse Operations at Johnson & Johnson Guelph. This role provides direction to supervisors and professionals from the team as well as provides leadership and alignment with the supporting groups to Manufacturing, such as Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Laboratories and Planning. The Business Unit Manager is responsible to execute strategic business plans and operation goals and objectives.
This position is responsible to execute on short-term production objectives ensuring proper and compliant utilization of personnel, equipment, and raw materials. Develop recommendations and solutions for identified obstacles. Partner with the supporting cross functional teams to determine priorities and resource allocations related to execution in support of the Plant’s goals, objectives, measures, metrics, and continuous improvement opportunities.
• Assures all operations within Business Unit are conducted in a safe manner and in full compliance with all safety and environmental regulations
• Manages all activities within Operations in compliance with cGMP and other regulatory requirements.
• Ensures that activities within Warehouse and Packaging Operations are planned and executed to meet J&J Supply Chain requirements and focus on end to end customer delivery.
• Develops and establishes a robust business process to assess, monitor and execute against Capacity Planning requirements for the short, medium and long term in support of commercial plans for existing and new products.
• Leads the supervisors and professionals from the team to manage the day to day business and meet or exceed the agreed annual business plan.
• Supports the implementation of Lean Manufacturing; 5S; Process Excellence (Six Sigma) methods
• Leads production flow, troubleshoots manufacturing issues, and monitors production orders and schedules
• Analyzes production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays
• Drives the identification and successful implementation of cost improvement projects (CIP’s), striving for flawless execution. Drive Flow optimization in the use of material, processes and human resources
• Drives a culture of continuous improvement through the Johnson & Johnson Production system process. Develop, monitor and effectively utilize dashboards, control charts and operational indicators and take action to correct those situations which are not in line with established controls or targets.
• Builds develops capital requirements for improvements projects, in conjunction with Engineering,
• Ensures that personnel are recruited and trained to support activities in line with business needs and site recruitment plan.
• Creates a High Performing Culture in which every associate is valued and recognized for their contribution to our success and ensure a differentiated development plan for all associates.
• Builds and continue to develop a strong, solid, cohesive operations leadership team who are aligned, inclusive and confident in openly challenging the leader and each other.
• Supports all activities in other functional areas and operation of site business through Cross-Functional teams.
• Provides variance analysis and corrective actions to ensure meeting financial targets
• Ensures policies, procedures and controls that promote communication and adequate information flow of all operational requirements, consistent with the company's broad policies and objectives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree required; within a science or engineering capacity preferred.
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Certificate (Black Belt or Green Belt) is preferred
• 5 years of manufacturing/packaging leadership experience within a pharmaceutical and/or OTC manufacturing environment
• Knowledge and expertise in Lean Operations and process excellence methodologies.
Knowledge & Technical Competency Requirements:
• Demonstrates strong analytical skills and professional judgment required to resolve major technical issues
• Capable of making effective executive management level presentations, writing formal reports dealing with both technical and business implications and preparing project plans while identifying and understanding the inter-relationships of related disciplines and key activities
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and computer skills required
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)