Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Immunology, Therapeutic Area Communications & Public Affairs
Requisition ID: 00001DOQ
This position will develop and implement communications programmes that support a number of Immunology brands and enhance Janssen’s position as a leader in Immunology. Reporting into the Senior Manager, Immunology, Therapeutic Area Communications & Public Affairs EMEA, they will represent the communications function within internal business groups and drive communications and patient engagement initiatives that position Janssen as the partner of choice in this Therapeutic Area. Through compelling storytelling and the development of creative content this role will develop content to engage different target groups across various channels.
Drive Enterprise and business unit growth and build stakeholder
- Develop communications plans for a number of key brands that support the overall Therapy Area communications strategy and optimal brand growth.
- Developing patient engagement initiatives that demonstrate a clear understanding of each patients’ unique journey alongside the Janssen commitment to transforming the lives of patients. Establishing cross-functional relationships and working practices they will support all necessary functions in developing tailored patient engagement initiatives.
- As a member of the IBVT representing the CPA function, propose, define and manage the optimal and most appropriate communications and public affairs budget needed to optimally support the success of the brand or TA and build on the reputation of the company. Oversees budgets with the highest degree of fiscal prudence and responsibility.
- Measuring the effectiveness of activities through feedback/measurement tools, exploring best practices and giving guidance for strategies accordingly.
Build a high-performing, continuously improving network of communicators that makes our Enterprise and the GCPA function stronger
- Working across a complex matrix and broad market presence they will drive alignment across the EMEA region through purposeful and creative communications initiatives.
- In close collaboration with Marketing teams and brand portfolio leaders they will develop communications material and initiatives in support of core Immunology brands.
- Responsible for all communications they will drive an integrated approach to the function incorporating digital communications tools, strategies and practices across external and internal communications.
Maintain stakeholder trust through effective management of issues
- Timely and pro-actively identify potential Enterprise, brand / franchise-related issues, manage appropriate internal escalation/information processes, provide strategic advice to the issue management team and develop issue management strategies, materials and processes and propose recovery strategies
- Developing engaging content to establish the business as a leader within the field to include press relations content development.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience levels:
- 8+ years proven experience in a similar communications position.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications-related field (Master’s preferred)
• Strong understanding of the EMEA media landscape and various digital channels.
• Understanding and use of various media (video, Web, digital, etc.) to support an integrated approach to developing and managing content.
• Previous healthcare communications experience is essential, experience within the area of immunology is a strong plus.
- Product communications experience, ideally in support of a growing portfolio.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, they will be well-versed in driving initiatives through to fruition in complex, matrix organized environments.
• Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to assimilate complex business messages and briefs and produce clear and purposeful communications across all channels.
• Strong writing and communication skills in English, including copywriting experience for a variety of audiences and channels. Further languages a plus.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)