Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Manufacturing Engineer , External Technical Operations
Requisition ID: 00001DOO
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Manufacturing Engineer in the External Technical Operations group. This position can be located in Raynham, MA; Warsaw, IN; or Cork, Ireland.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This manufacturing engineer will support Suppliers Manufacturing Implants & Instruments for DePuy Synthes. He or she will be responsible for external supplier support activities who manufacture, clean, and package DS products or components including verification/validation activities as well as process optimization. The process engineer will partner and collaborate with Supplier Quality and Procurement to improve supplier reliability, resolve technical issues that affect Quality or Delivery of product, and reduce cost of manufacturing.
- Lead Product Transfers to Suppliers
- Develop supplier project plans including timeline, resources, milestones, action items, risk mitigation, and final project outcomes
- Lead core team members to execute project outcomes to timeline
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders
- Shape Supplier Innovation for Quality, Capacity, and Value Improvement
- Deliver J&J Owned Equipment/Tooling Qualifications
- Shape Supplier Selection for Transfers through technical and capacity assessments
- Support Supplier Process Verification/Validation
- Support Make v. Buy Decision through technical and capacity assessments
- Shape Supplier Capital Budget Process for technology, tooling, and resources
- Support Test Equipment Validation and Gauge R&R
- Support Cost Gap Modeling to Leverage Stronger Negotiations for Optimal Price
- Lead Process Development and Improvement at Suppliers
- Execute Quality System requirements for Supplier Activities including: MPIs, Change Orders, PFMEA, engineering studies, verification/validation protocols and reports
- Support Quality Event Resolution
- Support Supplier Process Verification/Validation
- Support Raw Material/Part Drawing Reviews and Changes
- Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities
- Evaluate and implement processes and programs to improve product quality, reduce cost at supplier
- Ensure supplier process parameters are capable for qualification, verification, and validation activities
- Route and approve Supplier Non-conformances and Corrective actions as required
- Lead a network or world-wide project that supports the Engineering, Science, and Technology Business Strategy
- Participate as a SME on applicable WW Virtual Team through the Engineering Excellence Program
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of six (6) years of manufacturing (quality engineering, manufacturing or process engineering) experience is required.
- Strong project management skills are required.
- Strong understanding of process engineering is required.
- Ability to work with Suppliers and their employees (operations, engineers, and managers) to resolve problems and make improvements is required.
- Ability to read and understand drawings/part prints
- Ability to write and suggestion improvements using PFMEA approach
- Ability to support Supplier’s process validations/verifications
- Ability to read and understand technical documents
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Lean Engineering knowledge
- Ability to be trained and use computer business systems – i.e. SAP, Agile/ADAPTIV, ETQ, Windchill, etc.
- This position will require travel up to 25% domestic and international.
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering / Science discipline
- Experience is CNC 5 Axis Machining
- Experience in Investment Casting or Foundry
- Experience with Cleanlines, Sterlization, and/or Packaging.
- Experience in regulated industry, FDA, ISO, etc.
- Certification in Six Sigma
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)