Johnson & Johnson Careers
EMEA Poduct Manager Immuno-Gastro IBVT
Belgium; Switzerland; Italy; Germany; Spain; France; United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 00001DOM
This newly created EPM position is within the Immuno-Gastro IBVT supporting our Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) area. The role will support the development and execution of the IBD brand strategy and tactics, focused on the expanded Stelara Crohn’s growth plan and Stelara Ulcerative Colitis launch. The role will work alongside the existing EPM, assisted by a Marketing Associate (dotted line report).
Stelara Crohn’s is an ‘dynamic champion’ within EMEA and IBD is one the fastest growing disease areas within Janssen. IBD is also an R&D Disease Area Stronghold as demonstrated by an extensive Janssen IBD pipeline considered among the strongest in the industry.
Our vision is to enable people with IBD to live free from its impact. Our mission is to become market leader in IBD through the successful launch of transformational treatments and scientific leadership. We hope to attract a candidate who will share our vision and has the passion and capability to join us on this exciting journey.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The EMEA Product Manager (EPM), reporting to the Integrated Brand Value Team Leader (IBVTL), supports the development and execution of the EMEA brand strategy, ensuring Operating Companies Product Managers have guidance and support to prepare and implement commercial activities as defined in the brand plan.
Working within cross-functional teams the EPM develops tactical tools and materials to drive optimal launch and best brand positioning. In addition, the EPM is responsible for monitoring and controlling the performance of the brand and its commercial strategy.
In this role, the EPM gathers information and develops relations with key stakeholders in order to identify opportunities and risks within current plans and to ensure the product meets unmet customer needs.
- Supports the IBVTL in developing the EMEA brand strategy ensuring alignment to global branding and positioning, by providing understanding of EMEA cultures, economies and pressures.
- Executes the EMEA brand strategy and works in close collaboration with Operating Company Product Managers to prepare and implement commercial activities as defined in the brand plan, working within agreed budget and resource allocation, continuously looking for synergies and sharing best practices across Operating Companies to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Supports the IBVTL in ensuring that Value Excellence is incorporated into all aspects of the Local and Regional commercial strategy and tactics maintaining and updating the Brand Value Plan, by following the Value Excellence framework in accordance to product life cycle stages.
- Partners with cross-functional team (Integrated Brand Value Team) to ensure that the brand meets the defined unmet customer needs and key stakeholders realize the economic and value proposition.
- Develops marketing materials that support brand positioning within the different product life cycle stages, capitalizing on the complete channel mix across EMEA including new digital capabilities.
- Implements and monitors systems and metrics to reflect brand performance, tactics and channel effectiveness.
- Contributes to the development of market access strategies due to own understanding of the importance of Health economic analysis into life cycle plans, brand strategy and pricing & reimbursement strategies.
- Implements and monitors pre-determined market evolution indicators in target segments. This activity will enable early insight and development of corrective measures
- Gains understanding of EMEA cultures, economies and pressures having impact on the business.
- Scans and screens the market place to ensure the product meets unmet customer demands and key stakeholders realize the economic and value proposition.
- Develops relationships with EMEA key scientific and business opinion leaders to support the brand positioning conveying brand awareness messages and to capture input in order to better define and execute the brand strategy.
- Analyses information gathered to identify opportunities and risks within current plans to enable early insights and development of corrective measures.
- Operating Company Product Managers
- Integrated Brand Value Team Leader (IBVTL)
- Integrated Brand Value Team Members
- Regional Commercial Strategy Leader (RCSL)
- Global Commercial Strategy Organisation (GMLs and Product Directors)
- Regional Key Opinion Leader
- External agencies and vendors
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree in business or life sciences is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage existing brands and/or development and implementation of brand strategies for new products.
- Experience in sales and marketing, working with and developing customer relations.
- An understanding of the role of all key stakeholders and functions in the development of brand strategy.
- Prior experience in working with external agencies and vendors is required.
- Must exhibit behaviours aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency and results driven.
- Awareness of and adherence to J&J Credo values, SOPs, Policies and Guidelines.
- 3-5 years of progressive commercial experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry is required with experience of working within highly matrixed environments and cross functional teams
The role is Central Europe based and will involve a minimum of 25% travel within the home country and across the EMEA region.
It is anticipated that the role holder will be based in his/her current country of residence as long as easy access to travel/transportation and local hosting is available at a Janssen office.
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)