Johnson & Johnson Careers
Research Fellow (Bioprinting and API 3D printing)
Requisition ID: 00001DN5
Johnson and Johnson Services Inc, is currently recruiting for a Research Fellow to be a Technical Leader of Bioprinting and API 3D printing for their 3D Printing Technology Center of Excellence and to be positioned at any J&J Global sites: (NA, LATAM, EMEA, Asia Pac)
Reporting to the Head of the 3D printing Technology center, the lead is expected to provide leadership to drive Bioprinting and API technologies & applications using 3D printing. The Bioprinting and API lead will lead technology development effort and knowledge transfer to applicable businesses in all three sectors. The lead will own, lead and mentor various scientists, process, and development engineers to design, development, validate and transfer mature technology to various business units. This position will manage and/or guide various direct or matrixed team members to systematically develop and execute technology roadmap & pilots and ensuring mature technologies are transferred to appropriate SC and R&D organizations. This leader will possess a willingness to be hands-on in all aspects of technology development, partner scouting & development and IP execution.
In this role, the lead will lead and mentor technical teams of both direct and/or matrixed professionals. Key areas of focus will include Ensuring execution of Product/Process Pilots and Technology roadmap to maturity for the specific technology vertical. Alignment with the center Head and other business leaders to ensure delivery of vertical technology goals for the center. Scouting, development and maturing of new technologies and advanced manufacturing techniques for the center. Provide technical mentorship and guidance to the direct or matrixed team member.
- Provide technical leadership to the specific vertical within the center with respect to materials & process development, product/ design/functionality adherence and technology transfer.
- In partnership with the head assess and mitigate any critical and controversial issues with stakeholders in other organizations, sites and companies to ensure vertical success.
- Provide subject matter expertise through their organization to help resolve highly complex technical issues
- Provide day-to-day guidance and mentoring to direct and/or matrix team members.
- Provide feedback & inputs to functional and business managers regards to matrixed team member.
- Help recruit, manage, motivate and develop direct reports.
- Continually seek and evaluate new technologies, assess value for the specific vertical, prioritize into technology roadmaps, execute maturity and integrate into the enterprise businesses to achieve Growth, Cost and Quality goals.
- Develop, in partnership with SC and R&D engineering teams vertical technology roadmap and continually evaluate new innovative processes for competitive advantage and obsolescence.
- Identify strategic partners, develop partners in the vertical space and ensure global use throughout the enterprise as appropriate.
- In partnership with the Head, strengthen 3D printing technology center process throughout the enterprise.
- Responsible for executing the technology strategies, determining the kind and extent of technologies and related programs needed for accomplishing the vertical business objectives, for choosing the scientific and engineering approaches, and programs, and for interpreting results.
- In partnership with the head help develop harmonized technology transfer process for use across all engineering organization in the enterprise.
- Help promote and implement best practices in across all applicable businesses for the specific technology vertical.
- Develop common technical standards across the enterprise for the vertical technology practices
- Develop and manage expense and capital budgets for the verticals.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree/studies in science, engineering, biotechnology, or medicine is required.
- 15 or more years of experience in the bio-tech industry is required.
- Experience in bioprinting, biomaterials, tissue engineering, regenerative medicine or related field is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of bioprinting associated technologies (cell culture, tissue culture, biomechanical testing, etc…) is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the preparation and clinical administration of solid dosage forms is preferred.
- The ability to motivate and inspire various team members to drive significantly increased performance through technical execution and change is required
- A highly successful engineering or scientific background with experience in delivering innovative technical and engineering solutions in multiple businesses is required.
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely across all levels of the company and across various functions and businesses is required
- Must have extensive experience delivering front-end technology roadmap working with multiple academic and technology partners across the globe.
- This position could require up to 40% travel both domestic and international depending on location.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Europe/Middle East/Africa
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)