Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Strategy
Requisition ID: 00001DN4
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Strategy to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
You, the Manager, MD Q&C Strategy reports to the Senior Director, MD Q&C Strategy and supports the development and operationalization of the strategic plan, partners with internal and external stakeholders to establish MD Q&C capability and IT roadmaps and engages with partners to build an inventory of customer insights in support of the strategic plan and the Q&C operating model evolution. You, Manager also supports accountable groups in the deployment of culture and capability activities such as CREDO action planning, capability development and Culture of Quality efforts, many of which will be sponsored by the MD Q&C Strategy group. You will utilize a deep understanding of MD Q&C strategy and organization to construct and maintain efficient processes and tools to execute strategic planning and tracking activities (G&Os). You will also support the preparation and execution of strategy development meetings with the MD and segment level QCLT groups in support of a consolidated Strategic Plan. You will leverage significant interpersonal capabilities to engage partners from Supply Chain, GQS, R&D and other internal groups to facilitate delivery of assigned tasks.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish the Q&C Strategic Plan
- Constructs robust processes and tools for reproducible strategic plan development
- Supports activities and preparations for facilitation of strategic plan development
- Engages with franchise and Q&C team members to define robust measures for target deliverables
- Collects and organizes strategic plan inputs in support of MD consolidated strategy definition
- Operationalize and Track the MD Q&C Strategic Plan
- Supports Sr. Director, MD Q&C Strategy and Sr. Director, Business & Portfolio Management to establish the Long Range Financial Plan as an output of the MD Q&C Strategic Plan, ensuring alignment of investments and benefits to achieve the strategic horizon.
- Establishes efficient process and tools (KPIs, G&Os) to track progress against the Strategic Plan.
- Establishes and executes standardized project request intake process, ensuring initiatives align with value drivers in the Strategic Plan
- Supports development of summary communications relative to MD Q&C performance.
- Culture and Capability Development
- Support coordination of MD Q&C Credo Action teams by partnering with Credo Champions and HR to assess and translate survey results into meaningful plans, to develop and maintain a cohesive structure of champions across MD Q&C, and to establish a communication cadence and strategy in conjunction with Q&C communications
- Support deployment of selected capability development initiatives required to deliver the strategic plan including, but not limited to, Faster Forward, Design Thinking, FPX and others
- Consolidate ongoing MD Q&C quality culture initiatives and partner with HR and other J&J groups to establish a coordinated effort that enables the Strategic Plan and is aligned across MD Q&C
- Q&C Roadmap Development and Maintenance
- Engage with Supply Chain and HR partners to establish comprehensive Technology roadmap for MD Q&C that is aligned with the Strategic Plan and includes all relevant SC and QS programs.
- Engage with HR partners to establish comprehensive capability roadmap for MD Q&C that is aligned with the Strategic Plan
- Define and manage sustainability process which includes review and refresh of MD Q&C technology and capability roadmaps on a regular cadence
- Q&C Insights and Benchmarking
- Support the collection of key external insights required to define and execute the Strategic Plan
- Leverage existing capabilities and infrastructure in GQS to gather insights, conduct environmental scans and identify industry trends.
- Partner with internal J&J functions to conduct benchmarking process as needed for MD Q&C
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 8-10 business experience within a highly regulated environment is required.
- A strategic thinker with superior capability to bring clarity to complex concepts and to partner across the organization to deliver on the strategy
- Experience working with senior management to establish strategy and formulate into concrete operational plans
- Deep knowledge of regulated healthcare environment and strong business acumen
- Build interdependent partnerships, and internal and external relationships
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong blend of tactical and strategic management skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with the ability to create passion around achieving objectives
- Experience in Supply Chain, Commercial, Engineering and/or R&D is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and certification is preferred
- Project Management experience is required
- Organizational change management experience/knowledge is preferred
- This position to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA, and may require 30% travel both domestically and internationally, depending on the location of the role.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)