Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Business Management
Requisition ID: 00001DM8
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Medical Device Quality & Compliance Business Management to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
You, the Senior Manager, MD Q&C Business Management will be accountable for the establishment and management of the short and long-term Business plan across Medical Devices Quality (Franchises, Functions, and Total MD). You will partner with Finance to lead the Long Range Financial Planning process for the Franchises/Functions and the MD Q&C roll up, ensuring the outcomes are aligned to the Q&C Strategic Plan. You will partner with Finance to deliver the annual Business Plans for the Franchises and Functions and integrate into one MD Q&C Business Plan. You, the Senior Manager will partner with Supply Chain, Q & C leaders in Medical Devices and Corporate (GQS) to assure alignment of the Q&C LRFP and Business Plans to company and segment strategies & aspirations. Track and implement the changes to the Long Range Financial Plan, Business Plan and Headcount reporting that result from the MD Q&C operating model and Supply Chain transformation. Assisting in compiling the executive presentations to Chief Quality Officer and Leadership Teams, to maintain the LRFP and Business Planning cycles used to inform and influence business activities throughout the year. Establish outcomes measures by which we will monitor the progress of achieving the long range and annual business plans, in alignment with the Strategic Plan.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the establishment the MD, Franchise, Function LRFP, BPs
- Lead MD Q&C leaders to establish the Q&C Long Range Financial Plan and Business Plans for the Franchises, Functions and for MD as an output of the Strategic Plans
- Partner with Supply Chain and Enterprise Quality S&D leaders
- Manage J&J allocations impacting MD Q&C
- Define key performance indicators that are aligned to benchmark targets
- Enable communication and understanding of Long Range Financial Plan and Business Plans
- Operationalize the MD, Franchise, Function LRFP, BPs
- Establish a common Q&C scorecard (Q&C Index) by which Q&C will monitor progress to deliver the MD, Franchise and Functional LRFPs and BPs to achieve benchmark targets
- Establish process for monitoring and approving open headcount for Franchises and Functions and report status and impact to LRFP and annual Business Plans
- Track and implement changes to the Long Range Financial Plan, Business Plan and all Headcount reporting that result from the MD Q&C operating model and Supply Chain transformation.
- Track and monitor all budgetary elements for Strategy & Deployment budget (5%)
- Partner with Finance to deliver the Quarterly Financial review for MD Q&C and S&D
- Monitor, update and report on Discretionary Spending, Capital Spending, and Cost Improvement Opportunities
- Improve visibility on our major CAR savings tracking systems, as applicable
- Financial Portfolio Management & Strategic Program Support
- Establish tracking mechanisms and templates for the Project Management Office to implement for all Q&C projects, to successfully track project capital, expense and savings that will ensure projects are on track for key benefits realization and are managing and monitoring project investments
- Provide back-up support to PM & SP Lead for establishing business cases, value proposition and CARs as applicable, for MD Q&C Strategic Programs
- Adhoc Analysis
- Lead and perform analyses associated with HC, Cost of Quality Projects/Programs, Cost Improvement Initiatives, Capital Projects, and other scenario planning activities associated with Quality and/or Supply Chain
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 of related professional experience is required.
- A visionary, strategic thinker with superior capability to translate strategy into financial forecasts and business plans is required.
- A minimum of 1.5-5 years of people management experience is required.
- Experience establishing and implementing long range financial plans and annual business plans for departments is required.
- Experience in leading organizations through cost optimization activities and providing guidance on opportunities is an asset.
- Strong MS excel capabilities are required.
- Ability to analyze and translate financial data to make effective trade-off recommendations in the Q&C portfolio of strategic investments, to balance risk while leading through change is required.
- Experience in establishing and managing portfolios of programs and reporting progress against investments and savings is preferred.
- Experience preparing business cases and capital appropriation requests.
- Deep knowledge of regulated healthcare environment and strong business acumen is required.
- Create a direct and indirect organization with a culture of global customer focus and the ability to deliver
- Build interdependent partnerships, and internal and external relationships.
- Superior team building and leadership skills.
- Strong blend of tactical and strategic management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with the ability to create passion around achieving objectives.
- Experience in Quality, Supply Chain, Commercial, and/or Finance is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and certification is preferred.
- Project Management experience, to include resource management, FTE demand, risk analysis, cost optimization is preferred
- SAP, Instantis or other portfolio management (Capital/Expense) systems experience is preferred.
- Budget, Headcount, and project tracking is preferred
- Organizational change management experience is preferred
- This position can be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA and may require approximately 15% travel both domestically and internationally, depending on the location of the role.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)