Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analyst, Technology & Reporting
Requisition ID: 00001DM7
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Technology & Reporting to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
You, the Senior Analyst of Technology and Reporting is responsible to lead innovative solutions for data and analytic visualization and reporting for MD Q&C. The Sr. Analyst Specialist provides E2E data collection, analysis, predictive analysis and reporting services for MD Q&C Franchises & Functions and proactively generates reports and storyboards for required review forums.
This role will act as liaison between the business and IT and Computer Software Validation (CSV) and will work with internal customers to define required data sets/views, assist in prioritization and planning including appropriate scheduling of tasks. The Sr. Analyst Specialist is responsible to facilitate changes impacting technology across Enterprise QGS and Supply Chain and to identify and resolve systems/reporting issues with appropriate business partners.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- MD Q&C Analytics & Reporting
- Proactively deliver assigned scorecards, dashboards, power points and detailed reports for MD Q&C Leadership teams according to established cadence
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for data mining, analysis and summary reports
- Perform analytics, including predictive analytics, as assigned
- Develop new/revised data queries and reports for improved analytical capabilities, accuracy and efficiency
- Respond to stakeholder questions and provides training and guidance around quality metrics, enterprise-wide metric process, as well as, one-on-one deep dives on specific reports.
- Establish and maintain reporting standards, playbooks, templates and schedules for scorecards, dashboard, storyboards, broadcasting and analytic reports
- Actively participate in the Center of Excellence
- Innovation & Technology
- Lead visualization and automation technology initiatives for MD
- Partner with IT developers to design and deploy predictive analytics and quality metric report
- Perform data extraction and transformation to deliver operational reporting and predictive outcomes analysis
- Facilitate changes, e.g., Hierarchy and Metric Definition across Enterprise/MD technical solutions
- Incorporate Voice of Customer (VoC) in design of scorecards, dashboards, storyboards & reports
- Partner with Process Owners to define User Requirements for automated and ad hoc reports
- Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Computer Software Validation (CSV) activities. Coach and provide direction to Process Owners and Analysts
- Coach and mentor analyst I
- A&R SharePoint Administrator
- Provide end user support for technologies
- Responsible for identifying and resolving systems/reporting issue and communicating status
- Lead MD Q&C deliverables to support Enterprise and Supply Chain technology
- Partner with J&J Supply Chain, GQS and ITS to align with Advanced Analytic roadmaps
- Perform other duties, assignments, and/or special projects as time or circumstances necessitate
- Represent Analytics & Reporting on any Special Programs, Communities of Practice, Centers of Excellences led by Enterprise or Medical Device Supply Chain or Quality & Compliance organizations.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in related analytical experience
- Experience in visualization tools such as Qlik, Tableau or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, e.g., Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross functional teams and lead team meetings
- Ability to manage projects and supervise support staff, as assigned
- Working knowledge of statistical applications
- Ability to draw and interpret statistical bar and line graphs, and charts
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, graphs, charts, diagrams)
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and defined variables
- Ability to interpret information furnished in written, oral and diagram form
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with stake holders at all levels of the global organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Medical Device and/or Pharmaceutical Industry experience is preferred.
- Quality and/or Compliance experience is preferred
- Experience working in databases, data verification, data management and data maintenance
- Strict attention to detail and proven working knowledge of analytical methods
- Scrum Certification
- This position to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA, and may require 30% travel both domestically and internationally, depending on the location of the role.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)