Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Program Manager – Medical Device Quality & Compliance Strategic Program Management (Growth and Innovation)
Requisition ID: 00001DLU
Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Program Manager – MD Q&C Strategic Program Management (Growth and Innovation) to be located in any J&J location in the US or EMEA.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
You, the Senior Program Manager, MD Q&C Strategic Programs (Growth and Innovation) will lead the management of the Acquisition and Divesture Portfolios for Depuy Synthes, Ethicon and Cardiovascular Specialty Services to drive growth, delivery, quality and cost improvements in support of the MD Q&C Strategic Plan and LRFP. You will be responsible for providing oversight on all acquisitions and divesture programs through portfolio management activities which includes portfolio summary updates, dashboards, risks and mitigation plans and steering committee meetings and stakeholder updates. You will also assist Q&C leadership in initiating acquisition and diversities programs by securing program management resources in partnership with PMO excellence and ensure program implementation is developed in alignment with established procedures, process and playbooks. In addition to portfolio management responsibilities, they will also be responsible for implementation of acquisition and divesture activities in the Program Management capacity for at least 1-2 medium complexity programs. The program management activities include but not limited to chartering, metrics identification, resource requirements, detailed schedule and milestones including change management plan. You will also be responsible for establishing stakeholder communication plan and program level governance.
You, the Senior Program Manager, MD Q&C Strategic Programs (Growth and Innovation) will serve as the point person for A&D Community of Practices (CoP) and process governance. Drive consistency across all A&D programs through rolling out A&D Community of Practices, procedures and playbooks. The A&D CoP responsibilities include but not limited to Executing G&O’s from Supply Chain Leadership, point of contact for A&D portal and lead Continuous improvement through lessons learned. Provide A&D process governance which includes: Train Quality associates, Ensure Cadence/Consistency of Updates, Archive Deliverables for input into future deals, point of contact to navigate A&D portal tools /archives to connect Deal Governance personnel.
You, Senior Program Manager, MD Q&C Strategic Programs (Growth and Innovation) will also enable Program Management Capabilities through participation in lesson learned and best practice sharing sessions. Partner with the PMO excellence in identification of PM developmental needs and related development. You will manage 1 direct report, 5-10 contractors or matrix resources.
Major Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Portfolio Management and Updates
- Manages and serves as single point of contact for all Q&C A&D portfolios updates for CSS, DPS and ETH
- Provide portfolio updates in alignment with established cadence and stakeholder communication plan
- Leads all activities related to establish program portfolio management (updates, risk management, financial updates, governance, communications to stakeholders)
- Tracks & Monitors including publishing portfolio dashboards
- Identifies and Manages Portfolio Risks & Escalation
- Ensure updates and accuracy in partnership with program managers into system (programs updates/status, resource status, milestones, risk and mitigation, financials)
- Provide updates on assigned portfolios/programs in accordance with established governance and to stakeholder and Q&C Portfolio Management lead
- New Program Commencement
- Assists in the launch of new A&D programs by securing Program Management resources in partnership with PMO excellence and Q&C leadership
- Ensure Program Implementation plan is in alignment with the establish process, procedures, and playbook by guiding Program Managers on the A&D process/procedures/playbook in developing the implementation plan including performance metrics and risk management practices
- Provides routine guidance to core team and sub-level teams on successful delivery of project milestones and deliverables
- Assure project adherence to Quality and Compliance policies and procedures
- Assist in Identification of Program Level Risks. Facilitate escalation and risk mitigation strategies
- Program Management
- Lead development and management of A&D program implementation plans, metrics, milestones, risks management and governance in accordance with established standards and in alignment with Q&C leadership
- Develop and maintain program-specific reporting tools, e.g., dashboards, MS Project Plans, Logs, Risk Registers, Meeting Minutes, etc.
- Prepare Core Team, Steering Committee, and Executive Dashboards/Decks
- Drive completion and ensure reporting of work stream action plans
- Partner with Quality and Compliance leaders to establish robust Change Mgmt and Communications plans. Facilitate Stakeholder alignment
- Responsible for hiring and management of program level resources contractors/GROW/Duration based employees
- Conduct program level analysis and development improvement strategies
- Interface with supply chain and provide relevant program/portfolio updates representing Quality and Compliance
- Community of Practices and Process Governance
- Drive consistency and enable successful outcomes across acquisition and diverse programs by implementing A&D CoP and Process Governance commitments and milestones
- Community of Practices
- Execute G&O’s from Supply Chain Leadership
- Point of contact for A&D portal
- Continuous improvement through lessons learned
- Process Governance
- Train Quality associates
- Ensure Cadence/Consistency of Updates
- Archive Deliverables for input into future deals
- Point of contact to navigate A&D portal tools /archives to connect Deal Governance personnel
- Maintains playbook, process and procedure current per established standards
Perform other duties, assignments, and/or special projects as time or circumstances necessitate
- Represent MD Quality & Compliance on any Special Programs, Communities of Practice
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required in an Engineering or Science discipline.
- General 8-10 years overall business experience with minimum 3 year in Supply Chain, R&D, Commercial or Quality and Compliance base business roles highly desirable
- Minimum 2 years in successful demonstrated program management experience leading global programs with tangible outcomes achieved
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with multiple and matrix business functions - required.
- Experience in more than one of the following preferred (cross-sector): Consumer Products, Medical Devices and Diagnostics, Pharmaceuticals.
- A minimum of 2 plus years of people management experience is required
- A strategic thinker with strong capability to manage global programs Office for MD Q&C.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in project management and program management processes and tools is required
- Project Management experience, to include resource management, FTE demand, risk analysis, cost optimization
- Experience leading teams to deliver strategic programs using robust project management methodologies
- Deep knowledge of regulated healthcare environment and strong business acumen
- Functional knowledge of / experience in Quality & Compliance is required.
- Superior team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates strong leadership competencies especially in Shape, Connect and Deliver with ability to influence stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with the ability to create passion around achieving objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people in a global and matrixed organization
- Ability to influence others, managing competing internal stakeholder priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts, with the ability to build partnerships both internally and externally
- Project management certified - FPX or PMP certification (required)
- Agile methodology experience/certification highly desirable
- Experience in Process Excellence skills - PEX Certification (Black Belt highly desirable)
- Experience in hiring and management of program level internal and external resources (desirable)
- •Experience leading multi-generational global program deployment (desirable)
- Experience in management of program associated with large investments and benefits (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated successful experience in complex program deployments (global process/procedural/system harmonization including establishing new operating models.) - required
- Experience in developing and implementing communication and change management plans - required
- Broad knowledge of End to End Supply Chain and its connection with Commercial and R&D processes
- Understanding of financial principles and how to leverage this knowledge to make sound business decisions.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Commercial, and/or R&D is preferred
- Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and certification is preferred.
- Organizational change management experience
- This position will be located in any J&J location globally with a preference for any J&J location in the US or EMEA and require approximately 30% travel both domestically and internationally, depending on the location of the role.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)