Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Engineer, Product Management
Somerville, New Jersey; Juarez, Mexico
Requisition ID: 00001DL8
Ethicon, Inc. part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently searching for a Senior Engineer, Product Management to be located in Somerville, New Jersey with consideration given to any Ethicon site within North America and Juarez, Mexico.
The Global Surgery Group is comprised of the following businesses within Johnson & Johnson: Ethicon Surgical Care, Ethicon Energy, Ethicon Biosurgery, Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor and Sterilmed. With annual sales of $11 billion, the Global Surgery Group is the world’s largest, most innovative surgical company. The strength of the Global Surgery Group is illustrated by the fact that more than 80% of our sales come from businesses with #1 or #2 global market share positions. We serve customers around the world, with about 60% of our sales generated outside the U.S., including a fast-growing presence in emerging markets. The Global Surgery Group is committed to innovation, with about 30% of our sales coming from products introduced in the past five years.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Engineer, Product Management will be responsible for the following:
• Project management and technical leadership for lifecycle projects.
• Change control projects for in-market products according to company change control procedures through cross function and global teams.
• Developing implementation cost models for project development and implementation.
• Design, specify, procure & qualify assembly equipment, jigs, fixtures & gages, specify acceptance criteria, spare parts & calibration
• Develop, design, validate & start up manufacturing & assembly operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost & performance
• Provide all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, PS & OM sheets, routers, IPQA specifications & troubleshooting guide.
• Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes.
• Provide data analysis and recommendations from testing and development protocols
• Interface with supplier and vendors to ensure project requirements are communicated met.
• Actively participate in setting overall project objectives, direction & contributing in other functional areas as needed.
• A Bachelor’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology plus a minimum of 4 years of related technical experience is required
• Able to work in cross functional teams, strong written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of and experience in applying engineering principles, world-class manufacturing techniques, statistics & judgment to independently resolve major technical issues & establish new methods, controls and procedures is preferred.
• Experience in development of project plans with Microsoft Project (or similar project planning software) is required.
• Experience in New Product Development and/or leadership in change control for existing products is preferred for this role.
• A person in this position should have demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple team activities independently however, demonstrated experience in leading projects is required.
• It will be an asset for the individual in this role to be an emerging authority in one or more technical areas & is often consulted with by peers & junior engineers for guidance in his/her areas of expertise.
• This position may require approximately 25% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
North America, Latin America-Mexico-Chihuahua-Juarez
Ethicon Inc. (6045)