Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Data Science (1 of 2)
Spring House, Pennsylvania; Beerse, Belgium; La Jolla, California; Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 00001DJP
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Data Science. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA. Consideration will be given to Raritan, NJ; La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium. Up to 15% domestic travel may be required.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The R&D Data Science team within Janssen is looking for an outstanding senior scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding impactful data science solutions. Our team supports projects from discovery through late development. The senior scientist will help identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many teams are eager to leverage data to drive scientific innovation. The senior scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of the data science field in order to implement novel algorithms that influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The senior scientist will be part of a dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines.
The Senior Scientist will:
• Work with colleagues in research and development to conceive, design, build, and implement state-of-the art scientific algorithms to support Janssen R&D initiatives.
• Lead data science projects by developing and applying creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver data-driven insights to high-priority scientific problems.
• Participate in project teams and interact closely with scientific colleagues across various disciplines.
• Potentially interact with external partners and/or vendors.
• Provide technical guidance to team members.
• Ph.D. degree with a minimum of 2 years of experience (OR Master’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience) in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Mathematics, Computational Chemistry, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
• Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of machine learning algorithms such as Random Forest, SVM, neural networks, etc. and/or Natural Language Processing techniques is required.
• Experience delivering on data science projects using predictive technologies, data mining and/or text mining is preferred.
• Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is required.
• Handling of healthcare relevant datasets, such as EHR, insurance claims or registry data, is preferred.
• Proficient with one or more programming language such as Python, R, C++, or Java is required.
• Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills are required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-California-La Jolla, United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)