Johnson & Johnson Careers
Product Development Engineer, Digital Surgery
Requisition ID: 00001DIS
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Product Development Engineer, Digital Surgery. This position will be based in Providence, RI; Leeds, UK; or Warsaw, IN (If located in Providence, RI candidates can be temporarily based in Raynham, MA or Boston, MA but will be required to work out of Providence, RI upon completion of new facility in Spring 2019).
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Product Development Engineer, Digital Surgery position:
• Represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, working in a Cross- functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
• Holds accountability for our critical digital orthopedic technology programs, and will work closely with our internal R&D Digital Platforms COE team and with external development partners as well.
• Represents the opportunity to shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Global Orthopedics.
• Ultimately this technical leader will be responsible for working closely with the Project Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, in coordination with the Lead Engineer, to support the successful launch of the orthopedic surgical solution. Specifically, they will support the design and development aspects of technically complex and unique global programs and projects, working within cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and will organize, plan and execute programs and projects through product launch, commercialization.
• Will report to the Hardware Principal Engineer for Digital Orthopedics Surgery.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
• A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience is required (Advanced graduate degrees can be counted towards overall experience).
• Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required.
• Orthopedic experience and design control experience is desirable.
• Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture preferred.
• Experience following a product through the entire design cycle and working within a highly cross functional landscape is preferred.
• R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
• Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc).
• Breadth and depth of clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies is a plus.
• This position is located in Leeds, UK; Providence, RI; or Warsaw, IN and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel. (If located in Providence, RI candidates can be temporarily based in Raynham, MA or Boston, MA but will be required to work out of Providence, RI upon completion of new facility in Spring 2019).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United Kingdom-England-Leeds, North America-United States-Rhode Island, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)