Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Scientific Licensing – Infectious Diseases & Vaccines
Requisition ID: 00001DI3
Janssen Global Services, LLC a company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Scientific Licensing – Infectious Diseases & Vaccines, to be located in South San Francisco, CA, Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, New Brunswcik, NJ, or Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it
The Senior Director Scientific Licensing - IDV role is a key member of the TA team that contributes to the TA Licensing strategy and supports its execution by identifying and evaluating licensing opportunities that align with the strategy, building important internal and external scientific relationships and has the potential to lead assessment and diligence teams across the R&D Matrix.
The successful candidate will:
- Key member of the IDV Licensing Team within Janssen Business Development and responsible for contributing to the TA business development strategy in alignment with the over-arching TA strategy.
- Accountable for execution of the TA business development strategy.
- Identification of target opportunities and companies (leads the process by which systematic screening in areas of interest is performed such that no opportunities are missed).
- Building strategic and scientific relationships with representatives of target companies and with KOLs.
- Leading the scientific evaluation of target opportunities (including the coordination and management of the formal due diligence process) across the R&D matrix.
- Collaborating with commercial assessment team to provide scientific input to commercial assessment and ensure scientific evaluation addresses key value drivers.
- Responsible for establishing and developing key stakeholder relationships in R&D leadership, identifying internal scientific champions for business development opportunities and managing the upward scientific communication of external opportunities.
- Accountable for ensuring that all business development opportunities progressing to contract negotiation and beyond meet the internal portfolio standards of scientific excellence, that development risks are identified, adequately communicated and debated with R&D leadership and that mitigation strategies are captured and accounted for in the development plans and costs.
- In collaboration with the TA department heads and the VP Licensing for IDV, responsible for ensuring that R&D resources are engaged in an orderly, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner in the evaluation of licensing opportunities for the TA.
- In collaboration with other JBD colleagues, contribute to the development and enhancement of processes, templates and data capture systems to be utilized by the business development group to attain the highest professional standards in the execution of duties.
- MD or PhD is required.
- Business degree is a positive.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience in Drug Discovery, Drug Development or other related R&D function is required.
- Pharmaceutical experience in IDV therapeutic area is required
- Global experience is preferred.
- Academic experience of potential interest / research within disease area preferred.
- Experience in leading or participating in scientific due diligence teams is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Work experience in business development or previous position in licensing is preferred.
- This role can be located in South San Francisco, Raritan, NJ, Titusville, NJ, New Brunswcik, NJ, or Beerse, Belgium and require up to 50% domestic and international travel.
United States-California-South San Francisco
United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, United States-New Jersey-Titusville, Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)