Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff RD Engineer
Suzhou, China; Suzhou, China
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 00001DFX
• Lead and manage medium to large size product development projects/programs.
• Design, and develop new products for domestic and international applications.
• Provide technical leadership and developmental mentoring for junior engineers.
• Actively participate in cross functional development projects.
• Interact with external partners, including Global Product Development functions, commercial partners and other cross functional groups.
• Assume responsibility for own design commitments delivering to agreed project schedules.
• Generate and review required information for the Design History Files (DHF).
• Provide technical product support for surgeons & sales force.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies for product development applications.
• Supports base business activities such as technical support of existing product lines.
• Provide consultation and direction regarding market trends.
• Consult with marketing regarding the formalization of market plans for the respective product lines and product development launches.
• Actively propose improvements for company related systems, procedures and specifications to improve product development efficiency and quality.
• Strictly maintain confidential Information and intellectual property (IP) includes Product development information, designs, trade secrets, government reporting and legal matters, sales volumes and marketing strategies.
• All work will be carried out in accordance with company policies and procedures. Ability to comply with the Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations.
• Coordinate prototype production and approves design drawings.
• Define priorities on assigned projects, for R&D and cross functional project team members.
• Independently make decisions within established guidelines and procedures. A decision may result in significant impact regarding projects of expanded/global scope.
• Subject matter expert and mentor on company processes, applicable software systems and general design and drafting principles. Proposes improvements to existing processes and systems.
• Participate in resource and budget allocation discussions.
• Mentor and develop staff.
• Guide technical staff on company related technical, policy, training, business issues and professional development.
• B.S. in Biomedical Engineering, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology. M.S. in above degrees preferred. Or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 7 years related product development/project management experiences or MS with minimum 5 years experiences. Or equivalent experiences. PMP certification is desirable
• Ability to effectively lead cross-functional project teams. Ability to prioritize/manage multiple tasks for self and others. Exhibits effective time management and decision make skills. Ability to effectively utilize both written and oral communications formats when making presentations. Demonstrates a high level of initiative.
• Maintain and enhance working relationships with existing internal and external customers.
• Ability to effectively use coaching, mentoring, negotiation and conflict resolution skills to ensure delivery of product and technology portfolio.
• Having Six Sigma knowlege is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Suzhou Ltd. (7054)
R&D Engineering (R&D)