Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, External Manufacturing (EM) Supply Integration
Requisition ID: 00001DFB
Advanced Sterilization Products, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager, External Manufacturing (EM) Supply Integration to be located in Irvine, CA ; Zug, Switzerland; or Schaffhausen, Switzerland.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world.
Johnson & Johnson announced that it has received a binding offer from Fortive Corporation to acquire Advanced Sterilization Products(ASP). If the offer is accepted, the proposed transaction would be expected to close no later than early 2019, subject to customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals. Should you receive and accept an offer for this position, upon completion of the transaction, your employment with ASP will transfer to Fortive according to local law and will be governed by Fortive’s employment processes, programs, policies and benefits plans.
The Manager, EM Supply Integration will be responsible for 1 – 20 global suppliers in support of approximately $10MM to $25MM in spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. The category and spend are medium complexity in nature and require a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. You will have limited management oversight. You will be responsible for implementing the strategic initiatives for products produced at External Manufacturers. You will plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
You will provide Global and Regional Leadership for deploying end-to-end supplier strategies, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the External Manufacturing vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Own relationship with medium complexity suppliers: Monitor performance, develop and lead regular performance reviews (CS&OP, CIP execution, QBR, Planning, Quality reviews, etc.), oversee product tech transfers and decommissioning of sites, engage suppliers in lean process improvements and manage operations via virtual plant management
- Assess existing global supplier footprints and product supply opportunity; Partner with suppliers to drive network efficiencies in alignment with global EM vision
- Perform analysis of investments required to support recurring cost reductions and business growth for supplier sites
- Conduct CIP ideation sessions with medium complexity suppliers; Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Develop Ops Plans (incl. budgets, volume planning, etc.) with EM sites
- Ensure alignment on the outcomes with key internal partners
- Identify potential Quality/Regulatory, Technical and/or Supply Chain challenges, work with key internal stakeholders and EM sites to resolve
- Develop, implement and lead proactive change and risk management processes for suppliers
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, and growth commitments
- Own New Product Introduction process with EM’s; Plan and direct NPIs with key internal stakeholder alignment, lead J&J/EM resource meetings and ensure successful NPI launch
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization
- Build and maintain relationships throughout J&J that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in operations and/or supply chain is required
- Experience in medical device manufacturing experience is preferred
- Ability to lead, communicate and influence in a collaborative matrix environment is required
- Ability to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives is preferred
- Ability to develop new approaches and resolve issues is preferred
- Experience in confidently presenting complex information to stakeholders is preferred
- Experience with continuous improvement is preferred
- CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, LEAN, Six-Sigma and/or PMP certifications are preferred
- Ability to create credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community is preferred
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and/or internationally is required
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Schaffhausen
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)