Johnson & Johnson Careers
Distribution Centre - Student Placements 2019
Requisition ID: 00001DE1
Distribution Centre - Industrial Placement
Duration: 12 months
Sector and location: Medical Devices – Leeds, Yorkshire
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Thousands of products, hundreds of supplier relationships and a global annual spend of around $30 billion. We manage it all and make sure everything runs smoothly from sourcing the best components to getting products of all shapes and sizes safely into the hands of our customers.
As a distribution centre industrial placement, you will work alongside the Inventory Coordinator/Distribution Business Leader and Orthokit coordinator, ensuring all metric/Inventory/distribution requirements are carried out in line with company procedures and ensure our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Inventory management
- Inventory accuracy
- Product storage, layout and rationalisation to facilitate increased productivity and continuous improvement in inventory accuracy
- Inventory cycle counting across all franchises in line with J&J policy and audit requirements
- Development of reports to support operational needs
- Depuy Repatriation/Write off
- Liaise with all relevant departments across the organization, including various supply groups to support their inventory management team
- Develop appropriate system and procedural knowledge to be able to respond to the majority of issues from external and internal customers
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and work instructions
- Follow all requirements for Quality assurance and audits
- Ensure all customer orders are received/despatched with KPI
- Apply credo values in an open and ethical manner.
- Liaise with the training and compliance lead to ensure the Record retention processes are being adhered to in line with company policies and guidelines
- Liaise with the training and compliance lead to support with any ongoing project work which may entail communicating/dealing with external partners
- Attend wherever possible the operational management review meetings to gain an understanding of how the company is progressing and being part of any of the discussions that may be relevant to the role
- Gain an in depth understanding of the processes for the wider distribution franchises
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, supply chain or humanities degree types preferred
- Good understanding of the objectives of Distribution and how they fit into the wider context
- Good understanding of key contacts within the distribution centre
- Knowledge of work instructions and SOPs
- Knowledge of all relevant operating systems used within the distribution centre
- Confidence in speaking to a broad range of people
- Approachable and outgoing
- Strong level of professionalism
- Needs to be assertive and able to deliver negative/challenging messages
Johnson & Johnson (6067)