Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supply Chain - Student Placements 2019
Requisition ID: 00001DE0
Supply Chain - Industrial Placement
- Medical Devices – Leeds, Yorkshire
- Consumer – Maidenhead, Berkshire
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Thousands of products, hundreds of supplier relationships and a global annual spend of around $30 billion. We manage it all and make sure everything runs smoothly from sourcing the best components to getting products of all shapes and sizes safely into the hands of our customers.
As a supply chain placement student you will be given a role with real, tangible responsibilities from day one. You will ensure our customers receive the right product, in the right place, at the right time, every time.
If you find yourself working in our Consumer business you will be dealing with all operations and logistics that ensure products are delivered to customers on time, and in the best possible condition. From the large superstores, such as Tesco & Boots, to the local family run pharmacies. Whether it is analysing data to resolving supply problems there are plenty of exciting challenges to deal with.
Alternatively you may find yourself working in our Medical Devices segment, where timely and correct delivery of our products has life changing implications for our patients. You could find yourself working in our consignment team planning delivery of products from manufacturers right the way through to our patients, on an international level.
- Inventory management
- Inventory accuracy
- Inventory cycle counting across all franchises in line with J&J policy and audit requirements
- Development of reports to support operational needs
- Liaise with all relevant departments across the organisation, including various supply group’s to support their inventory management team
- Develop appropriate system and procedure knowledge to be able to response to the majority of issues from external and internal customers
- Ensure compliance to all company policies and work instructions
- Follow all requirements for quality assurance and audits
- Ensure all customer orders are received/ dispatched with KPI
- Apply credo values in an open and ethical manner
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, supply chain or humanities degree types preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Resilient and able to deal with a variety of personality types
- Confidence in speaking to a broad range of people
- Approachable and outgoing
- Needs to be highly numerate and analytical
- Strong technical skills with excel
- Enjoy working with computer based systems
- Strong level of professionalism
- Needs to be assertive and able to deliver negative/challenging messages
The assessment centre for the Consumer role will take place on 9th January 2019 and the assessment centre for the Medical Devices role will take place on 16th January 2019
Please note this role will close for applications on the 15th November 2018
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Maidenhead
Johnson & Johnson (6067)