Johnson & Johnson Careers
Project Management - Student Placements 2019
Requisition ID: 00001DDW
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Working as part of the EMEA Project Management Office you will have a huge amount of exposure to the elements that make project management successful.
This role by its very nature is probably the most varied opportunity we have available for a placement student. The project management team works with all area of the business and external parties to deliver a vast array of projects across many different functional areas within the business. This means you could be exposed to a wide scope of business areas whilst gaining invaluable project management experience and skills.
Throughout your placement, you will have the opportunity to lead at least one project with key deliverables and dependencies across the business. So, by the end of your placement you will fully understand the key elements of delivering projects in a business environment. These skills could be fully transferable into any area of our business in the future.
Main duties and responsibilities
Responsibilities will vary dependent on projects in progress and in development but may include:
- Support project development and implementation.
- Monitor project performance timelines and milestones.
- Liaise with J&J personnel across multiple groups across the EMEA region and support the management of cross-functional teams, including senior management.
- Identify, assess, liaise
with and monitor
performance of external suppliers
Project Management Duties:
- Working with the support of Programme Management Office Lead and/or EMEA Strategic Project Managers:
- Develop detailed project implementation plans including key stakeholder and project communication plans
- Provide updated project progress including delays / risks etc to project leads and sponsors
- Maintain and Track overall strategic project programme performance alongside objectives, budget and timeline
- Maintain PMO shared document repositories such as SharePoint and Hub and provide recommendations / implementation plans to improveCo-ordination of any digital communication, including websites, mobile platforms and social media to promote the role of PMO
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business or Management related degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to demonstrate leadership skills
- Able to demonstrate good team-working skills, including the ability to work in a virtual team
- Strong organisational skills and prioritisation abilities
- Innovative problem-solving skills
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)