Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Ireland- Student Placements 2019
Requisition ID: 00001DDS
Duration: 12 months
Location: Tallaght, Dublin 24
Sector: Consumer & Pharmaceutical
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
We offer Marketing Placement roles in our Consumer and Pharmaceutical sector.
The Consumer business offer enthusiastic, results orientated placement students the opportunity to gain excellent experience within the Brand Activation team. The Brand Activation team are responsible for brand operations on a given portfolio; ensuring market-leading excellence in execution for the consumer, shopper and customer. These activities are aligned to the strategy which is developed and created in the Northern Europe Marketing Hub based in the UK.
Working as part of the Brand Activation team in the Consumer business you will have exposure to a wide variety of marketing activities and will be working closely with the brand teams on executing campaigns and launching new products into the market place. This experience will provide you with excellent insight into how the brand activation department functions both internally and externally with customers and suppliers. You will be involved in co‐ordinating activity with a wide variety of suppliers such as designers, printers, Point of Sale manufacturers, our media buying agency and everything else that goes into the marketing mix.
Within an environment such as this, you'll get a real job with real responsibility and real challenges. You will get exposure to live issues in the business and you will have the opportunity to make a genuine contribution to our success.
If you are based in our Pharmaceutical business you will support the marketing of products in a particular therapy area such as oncology, diabetes or immunology. Placement students in our Pharmaceutical sector are heavily involved in PR events such as educational awareness events or product launches and also develop advertising materials and mobile apps for our sales force.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Budget Management - Provide advertising & promotion budgetary support to the brand team and responsible for keeping a track on the budget
- Support in the management of Below the Line agencies - Organise and co‐ordinate all brand point of sale and detailing materials. Also work on digital campaigns and get involved in activities with research companies
- Market reporting - Support market analysis activities for the brand through the management of sales & market share update sheets
- Cross-Functional relationship management - Act as critical contact point for the brand activation team, liaise with the Supply Chain and Regulatory teams for updates on New Product Development
- Communications - Participate in and contribute to the preparation of presentations and materials for the cycle meetings held with the field sales force to ensure that they have all the information and materials required to support brand sales
- Internal approval process management - Internal promotional activity sign‐offs in conjunction with the regulatory department
- Competitive intelligence - Track and monitor the New Product Development, promotions, above the line and in store activities of other key competitor brands and provide updates to the brand activation team
- Creativity & New Thinking - Continuously seek out and bring forward to the brand activation team new ideas to add to our competitive edge in the market place
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, design and bio science degree types preferred
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent analytical and reporting ability
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to interpret and understand complex information such as financial and market data, scientific data and clinical information
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritise
Please note: This role will close for applications on the 15th January 2019
Johnson & Johnson (6067)