Johnson & Johnson Careers
Industrial Design and Human Factors - Student Placements 2019
Requisition ID: 00001DDQ
Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) Industrial Placement
Duration: 12 months
Sectors & Locations:
Medical Devices –Leeds, Yorkshire
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, Intern who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through remarkable user experiences.
The IDHF organization is responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development for J&J Medical Device businesses: Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Bio-sense Webster, DePuy Synthes Orthopedics (Sports, Spine, Joint Reconstruction, Trauma), Ethicon, Mentor, Sterilmed, and J&J Vision. Our team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process.
As an Intern with the J&J Medical Devices Industrial Design & Human Factors team, you will have an opportunity to work in our multi-disciplinary team environments and contribute meaningfully to active projects within our organization. We are seeking a well-rounded undergraduate or graduate student who possess exceptional design and presentation skills eager to learn and is interested in the challenge of medical product design.
As the intern you will address all phases of design process including human factors research, product research, concept sketching, product renderings, 3D database development, animation, graphic design & illustration, usability testing, product marketing support, and concept presentations.
Requirements of the role
- Must be enrolled in or have completed an accredited college/institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Design or Human Factors Engineering.
- Students must be authorized to work in the UK and not require sponsorship in the future.
- Only students in their second year or above will be considered.
- Portfolio of work (uploaded PDF or link to website) must be available for review by the hiring manager.
Desirable qualifications include
- Experience using 2d and 3d design software (Solid works, NX, Autodesk Alias, Rhino, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with prototyping (3D Printing, CNC, Metal/Wood/Foam Fabrication)
- Exceptional design, presentation, and communication skills
- Availability for a 1-year internship
The assessment for this position will be held on the 13th December 2018
Please note: This role will close for application on the 15th November 2018
DePuy UK Holdings Limited (8721)