Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff R&D Engineer, Digital Orthopaedic Surgery
Requisition ID: 00001DCQ
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff R&D Engineer, Digital Orthopaedic Surgery to be located in Providence, RI; Warsaw, IN; Raynham, MA or Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Staff R&D Engineer, Digital Orthopaedic Surgery will:
- Design and develop products, including software as a medical device.
- Use technical aptitude for the engineering and development of medical devices.
- Operate with latitude contributing to or leading multi-disciplined and surgeon project core teams.
- Create and monitor technical aspects of the project.
- Understand and utilize design controls for all technical aspects of product development including the development of design inputs and outputs and the verification and validation of medical devices including software.
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Solve design and manufacturing related problems of current products.
- Train, develop, and evaluate more junior engineers, contractors, engineering Co-Op students and interns.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent degree) in Engineering or related area is required.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in a regulated industry is required. Master’s Degree or Ph.D. with lesser experience will be considered.
- Experience with new product development in a highly regulated industry is required.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary product development teams and external partners is required.
- Experience with software development for medical devices is a strongly preferred.
- Experience effectively communicating critical design/project information to customers/key stake holders is highly preferred.
- Experience applying 3-dimensional modeling and drafting conventions to design projects is preferred.
- Experience applying FDA QSR/ISO9000 design control regulations to projects which result in meeting FDA/Company guidelines and policies is highly preferred.
- DEX or Six Sigma Blackbelt experience is an asset.
- This position will be located in Leeds, UK; Warsaw, IN; Providence, RI or Raynham, MA and may require up to 30% travel depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)