Johnson & Johnson Careers
CoE Packaging Engineering, Senior Principal Engineer
Requisition ID: 00001DCN
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a CoE Packaging Engineering, Senior Principal Engineer to be based at one of the following Consumer locations in the Americas: Lititz, PA; Guelph, Canada; São José dos Campos in Brazil and or Cali in Colombia.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The CoE Packaging Engineering, Senior Principal Engineer will:
- Be responsible for alignment, planning, design and completion of Packaging Technology platform projects and/or key initiatives.
- Be responsible for the development, administration, updating, training and application of technical platforms, standards, guidelines and best practices for Packaging Engineering activities.
- Leverages internal and external expertise and applies principles of Knowledge Management to drive innovative solutions in engineering support, project delivery and/or technical field.
- Is a key enabler for Manufacturing Enabled Innovations.
- This expert will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Assists in developing and maintaining of roadmaps/forecast for the Packaging Platform.
- Ensures programs/projects are aligned with the Packaging Platform Roadmaps. Planning, scoping, quantification and implementation of Products and Equipment Components, services and process continuous improvement programs for changes on global level.
- Proposes and develops new Standards aligned with Packaging Platform Roadmaps.
- Maintains and optimizes the platform(s) and Standards she/he is responsible for to meet current and future needs.
- Enforces standards.
- Assists in design/production of prototypes, provision of engineering activities in Product Development and New Product Introductions.
- Preferred “go-to” person for complex issue resolution for the Technology Platform.
- Leads/participates in Community of Practice in own area(s) of expertise.
- Provides oversight to lower-level engineers on capability building.
- Influences internal & external peers.
- Builds networks and maintains extensive contacts.
- Engages in internal and external benchmarking and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and innovation.
- Executes portfolio of Packaging Engineering projects; including CIP, Capacity Increase, Quality and Compliance.
- Performs feasibility studies of new projects and supports to define the business cases.
- Plans and/or verifies, and controls project costs and schedules.
- Observes, promotes and monitors all regulatory requirements impacting the Technology Platform.
- Develops, reviews and analyzes specifications and engineering packages.
- Analyzes on needs/requirements to select and engage partners and manages their performance (e.g. Equipment Suppliers, consultants, etc.).
- Manages the Packaging Engineering, lean design, construction, commissioning and qualification of projects from concept through operations.
- Assures that project delivery process is followed and periodically reports on project progress.
- Delivers against FPO
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years’ experience is required, with experience in Engineering a preference.
- Ability to drive multiple complex technical projects and to modify existing processes to increase efficiencies and yields is required.
- Highly developed expertise in one or more core areas. Overall knowledge of all related Packaging Engineering areas (Equipment and Packaging Materials) is required.
- Overall Project-/ Program leadership or technical leadership experience is required.
- Track record of successful Project- / Program execution, team outcomes is required.
- Experience of driving Innovations through Engineering is required.
- Experienced stakeholder management – (both internal and external) is required.
- High capability to collaborate in teams (cross-functional / cross-country) is required.
- Customer focus towards the sites is required.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- This position will be based at one of the following Consumer locations in the Americas: CA; Lititz, PA; Guelph, Canada; São José dos Campos in Brazil and Cali in Colombia. The position requires up to 20% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman
Latin America-Brazil-São Paulo-São José dos Campos, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Lititz, North America-Canada-Ontario-Guelph, Latin America-Colombia-Valle del Cauca-Cali
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)