Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Project Manager, Knees
Warsaw, Indiana; Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 00001DB5
DePuy Synthes, Inc, part of the Global Orthopeadics Group within Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager, Knees to be in Warsaw, IN or Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
In this role you will work on Product Development Projects within any of the products platforms but initially the focus will be Knee Development.
You will lead the creation, implementation, reporting and communication of project plans. Identification of critical path or road blocks within a project and solution options. Will be responsible for ensuring plans and deliverables are compliant with appropriate design control procedures.
The Senior Project Manager, Knees will:
- Work with stakeholders to develop project plans and project risk analysis for all projects.
- Identify appropriate project strategies that match product and market goals.
- Handle project status to all communications to stakeholders. Communication includes: project meeting minutes, post-introduction reports, monthly updates and any status or project detail information needed.
- Responsible for defining key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, resources and risks.
- Clearly communicate roles, expectations and accountabilities to team members on a regular basis.
- Lead contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, etc.) regarding project activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (global & domestic).
- Responsible for creation and approval of project budget (if appropriate).
- Liaison with group manager or stakeholder managers as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Responsible for working with project team to identify and address critical risk areas / issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and maintain the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or Chief Compliance Officer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Business, Engineering or related fields is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience with new product development is required.
- A minimum 2 years’ project management/project leadership experience is required
- Additional training in either PMI, Six Sigma, or Product Development processes desired.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Experience in highly regulated industry is required.
- Experience in the following project management knowledge areas: effective collaboration, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, human resource, communication, risk and procurement are required.
- Ability to develop leadership capabilities and negotiation skills, as well as, the ability to effectively assimilate and communicate complex information from multiple sources is required.
- Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and road blocks is an essential requirement for this position is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint) is required.
- Proficiency utilizing project lifecycle management (PLM) software is preferred.
- This position may require up to 20% travel.
- This position will be based in Warsaw, IN or Leeds, UK.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)