Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Hepatitis DAS Leader
Requisition ID: 00001DAJ
The individual will lead the Hepatitis B discovery and translational research at Janssen China R&D. He/She will be a member of the Global Hepatitis Disease Area Stronghold leadership team, and will drive strategic alignment between China and global DAS teams. This individual will be expected to build a strong laboratory based research team, to identify, prioritize and implement specific discovery biomarker and translational research projects in the hepatitis field in China R&D. There is also the expectation that drug discovery capabilities are established within the group and in due course, lead optimization projects will be taken on by the team in collaboration with Medicinal Chemistry team leaders. In this role, the candidate will collaborate broadly with colleagues in China R&D, Asia-Pacific countries and innovation centres as well as with the global infectious disease group to deliver results. The candidate will also identify and establish relationships with major CRO companies and academic labs to leverage external resources to benefit internal projects. He/She will cultivate and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders in China hepatitis area to derive insights for internal programs.
- Ph. D or MD in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline plus 10+ years post-doctoral experience.
- 8+ years of experience working in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry as a member of drug discovery teams.
- Scientific knowledge and research experience in the hepatitis field preferred however individuals with experience in other viral infections are encouraged to apply.
- A track record of publication in peer reviewed journals or patents.
- Leadership experience in a matrix organization with collaborative spirit is a must.
- Strong oral and written communication skills essential.
- Excellent people management and team building skills required.
- Track record of building strong, collaborative relationship with internal and external partners to drive innovation.
- A self-motivated scientist that thrives in a matrix organization.
- Basic knowledge and experience in drug discovery, biomarker research and/or translational research.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams to deliver results.
- Working experience and expertise in the infectious disease field.
- Working experience in molecular biology, pharmacology and cell biology is required.
- Basic knowledge and experience in immunology a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, fluent in English and Chinese.
China-Shanghai-Shanghai-288 Nan Jing Xi Lu
Johnson & Johnson Medical Shanghai Ltd. (7055)