Johnson & Johnson Careers
Payroll & Compliance Manager
undefined, Distrito Capital de Bogotá
Requisition ID: 00001D7T
Implements, manages and monitors payroll compliance and controls programs within the LATAM Region. Primary contact to implement and execute SOX test plans, scripts and coordinate SOX testing activities in region. Partners with Global Payroll Compliance Lead, HRIT and HR Shared Services to coordinate and monitor Finance SOX programs and approach. Primary point of contact to manage internal and external audits for 14 countries in LATAM. Responsible for keeping up to date on Latin America’s law and related legislation/regulation changes and communicates with organization. Supports payroll function in researching regulatory requirements to ensure compliant processes and procedures. Develops and implements appropriate procedures for compliance to new and existing regulations.
• Implement, manage and monitor payroll compliance and controls programs.
o Responsible for the development and execution of Payroll SOX test plans and approachs in partnership with the Global Payroll Compliance Lead.
o Responsible for the implementation and execution of Payroll SOX test scripts and testing activities in the Region.
o Partners with Global Payroll Compliance Lead, HRIT and HR in the overall management and execution of the quarterly SOX process having direct responsibility for remediation plans and tracking progress against SOX programs.
o Liasion with internal and external auditors, as well as, J&J IT compliance to oversee audit activities, inquires, segregation of duty tasks and 3rd Party Vendor compliance requirements.
o Works with Payroll Operations Teams to ensure any new policies / processes are compliant with all company / regulatory requirements and is responsible to communicate changes and impacts to the Payroll organization.
o Responsible for the development and implementation of appropriate procedures for compliance to new and existing regulations.
• Compliance and Strategic Thinking:
o Develop and execute Compliance plan for future-state processes and systems, including project plans, monitoring and reporting of process improvement initiatives and operations.
o Lead strategic Payroll initiatives to provide continuous compliance improvements.
o Manage payroll-related legal and regulatory compliance.
o Manage payroll SOX and internal/external audit compliance.
o Responsible for financial compliance with internal control standards.
o Drive the execution of the SOX Program (404).
o Support internal audits, external audits (PwC) and government audits.
o Partner with HR Operations and IT on policies, procedures and service delivery strategies across the organization within developed Goverance Boards.
o Liaise with Operating Companies to discuss escalated compliance payroll related issues, policies, procedures and make recommended adjustments as necessary.
• Organization Development:
o Maintain and enhance Payroll Service Center team performance to improve effectiveness and efficiency and support strategic direction.
o Encourages continuous learning design and implement customer service improvement initiatives.
o Ensure that the proper set of competencies and skills are established within the Payroll Operation.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Requires a minimum of 6 years of experience managing compliance activities within large multi-national companies.
• Bachelor's degree and Compliance certification designation preferred.
• Must have experience leading & executing compliance programs.
• Proven ability to collaborate with other departments, building relationships and gaining commitment and resources for payroll-led initiatives.
• Must have experience managing payroll compliance programs to perform compliant and controlled processes.
• Highly organized with the ability to lead change while maintaining day-to-day operations.
• Strong ability to think critically and make effective decisions in high-pressure environment.
• Must have the ability to interact with employees at all levels and possess excellent business writing and verbal communication skills.
• A sense of urgency in solving audit inquiries and requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work effectively under pressure.
• Comfortable in handling ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach
• Experience of successfully managing multiple priorities & projects through successful delivery & implementation
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact skillfully and confidently with internal stakeholders and colleagues to develop ideas, identify opportunities, and influence outcomes.
• Ability to work in a team based environment as a model of customer service, teamwork, and leadership. Readiness to work with team members to ensure coverage for our customers. Attention to detail is a must.
• Strong ability to lead, manage, mentor, and delegate as appropriate by disseminating knowledge and techniques.
• Experience with Payroll applications preferred
• Demonstrated ability to successfully provide feedback and coach associates on team regarding difficult situations, while providing line of sight to desired outcomes and standards
• Ability to excel in a team environment using conflict resolution; problem solving, strong leadership, modeling and facilitation skills.
Colombia-Distrito Capital de Bogotá-
Latin America-Brazil-São Paulo-São José dos Campos, Latin America-Mexico-Distrito Federal-Mexico City
J&J Brazil (7680)