Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Supply Network Planning Capability
Requisition ID: 00001D7O
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director, Supply Network Planning Capability, to be based in Bridgewater, NJ or Zug, Switzerland.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Planning is one of the critical foundational pillars identified by J&J Supply Chain strategy that is essential to building the world’s best supply chain. Planning forms a pivotal role in the synchronization of our E2E Supply Chain to meet our customer demands efficiently and effectively as well as improving our cashflow through optimizing our working Capital. At the same time, we need to ensure that we are anticipating the future trends and disrupters and building capabilities to leverage and take advantage of these being agile enough to ensure we adapt and use this as a competitive advantage.
The Global Plan Excellence team sits within the broader Strategy & Deployment organization and will work closely with Product Supply, Value Chain and the Digital team. The Planning Excellence team is responsible for setting the strategic direction of J&J Enterprise Planning, developing capabilities (People, Process, Technology, Metrics) and ensuring effective deployment of these within the segments to drive competitive advantage and improve efficiency, effectiveness, optimizing working capital whilst keeping our customer’s needs central to what we do. The team will also be focused on new advanced capabilities as well as leading cultural change to embed Integrated Business Planning throughout the enterprise. This team will work hand in hand with the various segment planning leaders.
The scope covers all three J&J segments (Consumer, Pharmaceutical, Medical Devices) representing over $70bn in sales, about 2500 planners and working Capital of around $10bn.
You will hold a critical part of the Enterprise Plan Excellence team and is a key enabler to unlock and deliver the enterprise outcomes across E2E planning. Working closely with Segment Planning teams as well as S&D teams the role is responsible for driving the Plan Pillar`s maturity through Capability building and accelerating the advancement of E2E Planning, Plan Transparent Supply Chain and Plan outcomes on overall Supply Chain results.
The Director, Supply Network Planning Capability, is accountable for:
- Leadership of a global, cross-segment Supply Network Planning Capability Governance Team comprised of functional experts to drive and influence change and mature planning across the enterprise. Ensuring governance of Plan Operating Model is executed across segments/Plan Capabilities
- Ensuring the balance between standardization versus harmonization with sector specific needs using a fact-based approach
- Driving visibility and a common enterprise Plan maturity roadmap which is outcome based and the key driver of (Investment, deployment strategy, and development work) with a clear linkage to value creation and linkage to overall maturity roadmap
- Leadership in the evolution of standards for Supply Planning for all of J&J including maturity models, frameworks, process maps/roadmaps, process decomposition and metric standards
- Support of priority deployments across segments of those standards to move J&J’s Supply Planning capability up the maturity curve at an accelerated pace. Value Creation for each of these deployments with strong linkages to higher levels of maturity per Transformational Roadmaps
- Leadership of the evolution of Multi Echelon Inventory Optimization capability either via OMP or outside vendor for deployment across segments
- Leadership of the development and deployment of Transparent Supply Chain (“Control Tower”) enabled via technology solutions to synchronize the E2E Planning processes
- Alignment to technology standards supporting the capability with IT & Deployment Systems teams
- Support OMP template design, ensuring a global, enterprise solution is developed. Define how the business will utilize OMP to enable the E2E Planning integration
- Ensure outside in thinking with ongoing external perspectives and benchmarking, both internal and external, to further shape Planning future state and leverage best practices
- Driving a collaborative connection between the Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Production Planning and End-to-End Planning pillars due to the interdependencies between them
- Development of recommended competencies for all levels of Plan personnel relevant to Supply Planning and a core set of development tools to support their growth in this area
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of ten (10) years of related Supply Chain experience
- A minimum of three (3) years people management/supervisory experience is required
- A minimum of four (4) years of Supply Chain Planning experience is required
- Experience in Supply Planning, as defined with Supply Network Planning and Inventory Planning capabilities combined is required
- Experience in three (3) out of the five (5) core areas of Planning (Demand Planning, Supply Network Planning, Production Planning, Inventory Planning and S&OP) is required
- Relevant mix of global, regional, cross-sector / cross-industry experience is preferred
- Experience with Advanced Planning Systems, specifically OMP technology is highly preferred
- Multi-Echelon Inventory Optimization (MEIO) experience is preferred
- APICS certification is preferred
- LEAN and/or Six Sigma Certifications are preferred
- Project management and/or PMP certification is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 30-40% of the time domestically and/or internationally
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)