Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing - Knees
Requisition ID: 00001D6T
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Marketing Manager – Global Strategic Marketing - Knees, located in Warsaw, Indiana OR Leeds, UK.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
This role is within our Joint Reconstruction business offering orthopaedic devices, solutions and supplies for hip, knee and extremity reconstruction, in addition to cement and operating room products.
You will be responsible for the formulation and execution of global marketing strategies contributing to the maximization of profitability and market penetration of DePuy Synthes Knee Products. You will be focused on upstream marketing for new product introductions and strategic management of the current global knee portfolio.
- Develop deep understanding of WW knee market and DePuy Synthes portfolio.
- Partner with regional marketing teams to collect market and customer insights on the knee market.
- Create business plans to drive above market growth.
- Develop, recommend, and execute on action plans to continually add new products and new technological advancements to the knee portfolio.
- Evaluate new technologies and intellectual property for potential licensing, acquisition, and/or distribution.
- Independently model standard and occasionally complex business models and justifications for organizational investments in new products.
- Deliver board-level presentations and secure the confidence and buy-in of organizational partners including Research & Development, Regulatory, Operations, Medical Affairs, Knee Platform Leadership Team, and others as required.
- Partner with R&D to lead Project Core Team on new product development from product conception to launch.
- Develop key sales and surgeon education materials as part of new product launches.
- Execute on launch, marketing and distribution plans to successfully introduce new products worldwide.
- Create and nurture close, collaborative professional relationships with surgeon customers and key vendors to gain alignment and create a shared sense of urgency.
- Support the business activities of the Knee Marketing organization as needed while managing portfolio advancement activities.
- Partner with Medical Affairs, Development, Legal, and the Regional Markets to identify, evaluate, and gain approval of new projects by following the Healthcare Compliance guidelines and processes.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or Marketing preferred) is required; MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related business experience is required.
- A combined experience in Marketing, Sales, Product Management, and/or Product/Brand Marketing is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry and orthopedic experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and tight deadlines required.
- Upstream, strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Proven success in utilizing written and oral communications skills to produce effective marketing plans and materials required.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and with teams is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and collaborate with a wider marketing, business intelligence, R&D, operations, legal, finance, medical affairs, clinical, and regulatory organizations required.
- Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical capabilities required.
- Ability to make effective marketing presentations to various groups is required.
- Experience in evaluating new technologies for potential licensing or acquisition preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability to influence leaders is required.
- Ability to work with cadavers and within an Operating Room setting required.
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN or Leeds, UK, and may include up to 25% domestic and international travel, including some overnights & weekends. Travel percentage may vary depending on business need.
Do you strive to join an extraordinary team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)