Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr Director – Global Product Line Owner – Manufacturing for the Future
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 00001D62
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr Director – Global Product Line Owner – Manufacturing for the Future within the Enterprise Supply Chain Business Technology group. This position can Skillman or Bridgewater, New Jersey, or Limerick, Ireland.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Supply Chain BT Product Line organizations (PLs) are responsible for the product line technological direction across segments and serve as a critical point of contact for business and JJT. Individuals in PL organizations work with Senior JJT and Business Leaders to identify and prioritize solutions for their product line and oversee the consistent implementation of these solutions across the business. They will exhibit strong influence and passion for driving the organization towards consistent technology solutions aligned to overall JJT strategy. PL Owners need to continuously maximize throughput and ensure that value is realized by the business through the JJT capabilities implemented. PL owners should have a strong view of external IT capabilities in the market and how they can be applied to drive business value for J&J.
This role will be responsible for the Manufacturing for the Future Global Product Line within Supply Chain Technology – Business Technology organization across all business segments (Pharm, Consumer, MD, CMD).
The role is accountable for all the manufacturing for the future and advanced manufacturing applications that will transform the manufacturing foot print of J&J. Manufacturing for the future is one of the three north star strategies. The scope of this role is across all segments and regions. The role is accountable for defining the technology strategy, development and execution of product roadmap supporting manufacturing for the future. In addition, this team will be accountable for the products in the advanced technology such as 3-D printing, Personalized (CAR-T etc). The role is tasked with driving the digitization of the manufacturing across J&J and working collaboratively with the J4.0 team to drive significant improvement in the cycle time, quality and cost of the manufacturing operations. The portfolio includes 50+ capabilities across all the four business segments. By 2019, the applications will be in 50+ manufacturing sites.
- Develops and articulates the vision, strategy, roadmap and business value. Prioritizes and aligns backlog of features with business and IT stakeholders towards a regular release schedule. Manages the overall product line roadmap – including introduction and decommissioning of the products
- Develop and deliver manufacturing for the future capability offerings and new technologies to drive business value
- Accountable for product life cycle management including total cost of ownership optimization of the product line; Program/project financial targets and the implementation, measurement and continuous improvement of IT programs and operations to improve throughput and quality at lower cost
- Partner with Business Process Owners, BTLs, Other SCIT PLOs, Enterprise Architecture, IT Infrastructure Services, IT Application Services and enterprise programs leadership teams to drive alignment on goals, objectives and delivery of innovative and creative commitment.
- Drive strategic organizational and people development activities including recruiting, retaining, and developing leaders across J&J, ensuring optimal organizational constructs and continuous updating organization skills/knowledge profile.
- Continuously learn via research, technology vendors, IT Architecture and tech events to get ahead of the curve and proactively being new relevant capabilities to the product line
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or Manufacturing Operations is preferred
- A minimum of 6 years of major IT program management including Supply Chain / Manufacturing operations, IT product Design and Support is required.
- Experience in Manufacturing specifically for the IT landscape that supports plants or global sites is required
- Experience with Process modeling, Industry 4.0 including IoT, Mobility (Wearables, AR/VR, Voice Enablement) or other similar, cutting edge technologies is preferred
Strong Business Acumen & Communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to understand business requirements and define a data and analytics strategy and the associated capabilities.
Experience in effectively collaborating and managing stakeholders is required.
Project Management experience in deployment of major IT capabilities (like manufacturing or lab systems) across multiple sites and multiple regions is required.
Experience working in a Shared Services IT Operating model where development and support services are provided by shared services organizations that support multiple functional and organizational units is required
Leadership experience in building teams with the above capabilities is required
A minimum of 5 years or direct people management experience is required
This position will require up of 30% domestic and international travel
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Limerick-Limerick
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)