Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Specialist, Central Monitoring
Requisition ID: 00001D1P
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Central Monitoring to be based at any Janssen R&D site in North America or Europe.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Senior Specialist, Central Monitoring executes and manages the Analytical Risk-Based Monitoring (ARBM) processes and day-to-day activities for up to five trials of medium complexity and three trials of high complexity or a combination of high and medium complexity trials in conformance to all relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- The focus of this position is to take primary responsibility for the ARBM-related study set-up processes and to manage the execution of central monitoring activities assigned to the CMM(s) during trial execution, as outlined in the end to end process, including maintaining oversight of site/regional/study risk parameters
- The Senior Specialist leads the preparation, conduct, and follow-up of the cross-functional Central Monitoring Working Group (CMWG) for Analytical Risk Based Monitoring studies and shares the responsibility for the quality of the data with all applicable functions.
- The Senior Specialist CMM may be given assignments that are more complex and/or have a greater potential impact on business results.
- The Senior Specialist may represent the Risk Management-Central Monitoring Group on program team meetings.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with 3 or more years of relevant work experience is required
- Clinical trials experience (i.e. clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, or other relevant clinical development experience) in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry or CRO is required.
- Knowledge of ICH-GCP and overall drug development processes is required.
- Ability to operate and proactively use various systems and databases (CTMS, Rave, QRM Dashboard, Spotfire, etc.) to analyze trial quality/performance and compliance and identify trends and early warning signals is required. – need to be at least capable of learning the system at least one of these systems
- Data analysis and technical skills in the area of clinical trials/clinical data is required.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate and understand issue escalation is required.
- Advanced skills allowing smooth and effective communication, including the ability to manage multiple communication streams is required.
- Ability to work with a set of predefined risks and adapt to new protocol-specific risks is required.
- Ability to successfully lead cross-functional study teams is preferred.
- Good understanding of clinical research operations including on-site monitoring and site management is preferred
- This position requires up to 10% domestic and international travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-North Brabant-Breda
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Trial Administration