Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal BioEngineer, Digital Surgery Joints Applications
Requisition ID: 00001CY8
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Principal BioEngineer, Digital Surgery Joint Applications to be based in Leeds, UK; Providence, RI; or Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Principal BioEngineer, Digital Surgery Joint Applications position:
- This represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within orthopedics, working in a Cross- functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
- This position holds accountability for our critical digital orthopedic technology programs, and will work closely with our internal R&D Digital Platforms COE team and with external development partners as well.
- This role represents the opportunity to shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Global Orthopedics.
- Ultimately this technical leader will be responsible for working closely with the Program Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, Director of Digital Orthopedic Surgery, leaders within the Joints Franchise to support the successful launch of the orthopedic surgical solution. Specifically, they will support the design and development aspects of technically complex and unique global programs and projects, leading cross-functional project teams through all phases of the product development process, and will organize, plan, execute and oversee programs and projects through product launch, commercialization.
- The candidate will act as a team leader and mentor leading cross-franchise and cross-functional teams as the subject matter expert. This position will report to the Director of R&D for Digital Orthopedics Surgery.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required (Advanced graduate degrees can be counted towards overall experience).
- Previous experience in highly regulated industry is required.
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Experience following a product through the entire design cycle and working within a highly cross functional landscape is required.
- Able to bridge across organizational groups, communicating product requirements from Depuy-Synthes Spine to the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- Breadth and depth of technical expertise around a multitude of enabling surgical technologies outside of Mechanical Engineering is highly desirable (e.g. Electronics, Computer Sciences, Software Development, Navigation, Data analytics, Sensors, Optics, Acoustics, Energy, etc).
- Breadth and depth of clinical expertise in knee replacement, hip replacement and other joint replacement therapies is a plus.
- This position is located in Leeds, UK; Providence, RI; or Warsaw, IN and may require up to 20% international and domestic travel.
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)