Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Development Engineer, Digital Surgery
Requisition ID: 00001CWJ
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Development Engineer, Digital Surgery to be located in Providence, RI; Warsaw, IN; Leeds, UK or Boston, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
The Principal Development Engineer, Digital Surgery will:
- Function as the technical lead for large portions of an R&D program.
- Design and develop products, including software as a medical device.
- Use technical aptitude for the engineering and development of medical devices.
- Operate with latitude contributing to or leading multi-disciplined and surgeon project core teams.
- Create and monitor technical aspects of the project.
- Understand and utilize design controls for all technical aspects of product development including the development of design inputs and outputs and the verification and validation of medical devices including software.
- Analyze and evaluate new technologies and recommend improvements to existing products.
- Solve design and manufacturing related problems of current products.
- Train, develop, and evaluate more junior engineers, contractors, engineering Co-Op students and interns.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a highly regulated industry (Master Degree or Ph.D. with lesser experience will be considered).
- Experience with software development or medical devices is strongly preferred.
- Experience applying theoretical technical principles to product design is required.
- Familiarity with new product development processes for software as a medical device is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience driving projects through completion.
- Ability to effectively communicate critical design/project information to customers.
- Experience applying 3-dimensional modeling and drafting conventions to design projects is preferred.
- Experience applying FDA QSR/ISO9000 design control regulations to projects which result in meeting FDA/Company guidelines and policies is highly preferred.
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary product development teams and external partners is required.
- DEX or Six Sigma Blackbelt experience is an asset.
- The successful candidate must possess highly effective oral and written communication skills (with strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills), including the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- This position
will be located in Warsaw, IN; Leeds, UK; Providence, RI or Boston, MA and may
require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-Leeds, North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)