Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, External Alliances, Cross Functional Service Providers
Requisition ID: 00001CPV
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate Director, External Alliances, Cross Functional Service Providers. This position can be located in Spring House, PA; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; or Beerse, BE and require up to 20% international travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
We discover and develop innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Bring your talents to our mission, visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ to learn more.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Director, External Alliances, Cross Functional Service Provider is a member of the External Alliances department. This position will support the Global Alliance Lead in managing strategic and non-strategic supplier alliances; act as a representative and spokesperson for Janssen; develop and maintain effective and wide-ranging business partner relationships; and support strategic outsourcing decisions
Document and Incorporate Alliance Strategies
- Assist Global Janssen External Alliance Lead in:
- The coordination of Alliance information for the Janssen R&D Alliance Business Strategies (what/how)
- The development of Janssen/Supplier mutually beneficial relationships
- Continuously improving the Janssen/Supplier relationships
- Incorporating a Market Awareness Structure
- Liaising with Procurement and other business intelligence units within J&J to develop a standard approach to collecting and disseminating market information within the alliance.
- Becoming the Choice Alliance Sponsor for Janssen R&D’s preferred suppliers
- Incorporating the “how” along with the “what way of working”
- Encouraging listening, transparency and free communication
- Being an advocate for the relationship at an operational level
- Build strong relationship internally and externally with key Primary Points of Contact
- Assist where needed, with materials development and follow-up for issue resolutions
- Working with the Janssen Alliance Lead to implement defined key success factors and metrics for needed business delivery.
- Working to better incorporate supplier capabilities with the Janssen business. Assist Alliance Lead in documentation, tracking, following-up on innovation framework & projects.
- Bachelor’s or University degree in is required; preferably in a scientific discipline
- An advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years in biopharmaceutical industry, 5 years R&D and 5 years of alliance management experience required
- Experience working in a global environment a plus
- Experience in managing external stakeholders/vendors is required
- Proven Alliance and Relationship management expertise
- Understanding of the drug development process and working knowledge of the essential activities for key functional areas
- This position will reside in either Spring House, PA; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; or Beerse, BE and include up to 20% international travel. For the right individual, the position could be remote based.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)